Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Is it legal to put Reg #'s on the Hull

been seeing a lot of people lately putting there registration #'s on the hull under the bumper line. it this legal? because I want to put mine there to clean up the look. they look like this picture sort of
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yhst-14286580641422_2452_22629250863.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	406723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0443.PNG 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	406725  

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Check your local regulations? Where I'm located the requirements are as follows:

You must display the licence number on both sides of the bow, above the waterline, in block characters that are at least 7.5 centimetres (3 inches) high and in a colour that contrasts with the colour of the bow.

If I'm left to interpret that then I'd say the location of the rubrail has no bearing on the location of the numbers as long as you satisfy the condition that it is always above the waterline, and it remains visible. Doesn't mean you won't come across an authority with a different interpretation, but at least you can argue your point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Check your local regulations? Where I'm located the requirements are as follows:

You must display the licence number on both sides of the bow, above the waterline, in block characters that are at least 7.5 centimetres (3 inches) high and in a colour that contrasts with the colour of the bow.

If I'm left to interpret that then I'd say the location of the rubrail has no bearing on the location of the numbers as long as you satisfy the condition that it is always above the waterline, and it remains visible. Doesn't mean you won't come across an authority with a different interpretation, but at least you can argue your point.
    And also....why invite being stopped? That's always been my take.

4. +1 by:

i agree i dont want any attention drawn to me by the water popo

+1
    Yep all of the above , check with your state boat requirements but it's really common sense they have to be visible above the waterline ..

7. +1 by:

+1
    Honestly I think it depends where you ride. I have black letters on my blue FZR and you can't even read them from more than a few feet away because they're non-contrasting colors. Never had an issue personally because I ride on the ocean and the coast guard has better things to do.

+1
    Our regulations in NY don't say that you cant put them there. I was just curious if someone has gotten in trouble for doing it.

African-American
    +1

Our water police have nothing better to do than harass Jetski owners, because we have money to pay the fines which they get towards their quotas/bonus.

They will fine for rediculous stuff. like they have not approved your lifevest, even when it is USCGA, etc. If Your ski has modifications, they pretty much throw the book at you. Your anchor is not the correct size, Etc etc

They look for the slightest infraction to spoil your day. Pretty much if I see one I get out the area or pack up for the day.

It's actually beyond rediculous here, I have to pay a marine surveyors to weigh my Jetski, calculate buoyancy and agree it will float.... this is done every 12months for my certificate of floatation/buoyancy

That's besides requiring an government approved safety officer needing to inspect and sell me all new safety equipment every 12months for my certificate of sea worthy.

So honestly I think u have it pretty easy with sticking your numbers above the rub rail

+1
    Haha... that surtenly takes the fun out of it. Bunch of corrupt @holes....

+1

I would have to respectfully disagree there not breakin balls they have to be able to see the letters and #s same as being able to see a License plate # ,if there's an incident you'll only be able to see the decals when the ski is on plane .. I don't think law enforcement is asking for much it's not like their giving you a summons for an expired Fire Extinguisher ..

There's nothing " cool" about hiding your letters/#s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information