Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

+1

GP1800 Ride Plate options

Now that I bought my ski and need to wait for it to warm up in NY I may as well start getting a parts list together for the spring.

I know what I am doing as far as tune, prop, exhaust, etc but rideplate is still in the air for me.

Most of my riding is going to be done in the Great South Bay so it gets pretty rough at times. I saw a while back people saying that you can get a RIVA or Worx plate modified by Jim and you get the better hook up in chop and yet still gain speed. Are there any proven tests to this yet? I am looking for as much speed as possible but I don't want to compromise rough water ability or turning.....

What do you guys think?

EDITED: Current ride plate options listed below. Jim's Performance modification to the stock GP plate has proven to be the fastest

Jim's modification to your GP1800 / 2015+ VXR plate

This is a conversion service performed to your ride plate. Turn around time is approximately 5 days. Once your order is placed please ship your ride...
    2015+ VXR plate mod $295.00

RIVA Ride Plate for GP1800 and 2015+ VXR

Our new GP1800 Ride Plate delivers the perfect balance of increased top speed and improved handling in a variety of water conditions. Its race bred...
    RY21110 $249.95

WORX Ride Plate for GP1800 and 2015+ VXR

Worx has created a ride plate that is more predictable on turn in, letting you enter the turn with more speed. It sets the ski up, keeps the back of...
    WR317 $334.00

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
    Now that I bought my ski and need to wait for it to warm up in NY I may as well start getting a parts list together for the spring.

I know what I am doing as far as tune, prop, exhaust, etc but rideplate is still in the air for me.

Most of my riding is going to be done in the Great South Bay so it gets pretty rough at times. I saw a while back people saying that you can get a RIVA or Worx plate modified by Jim and you get the better hook up in chop and yet still gain speed. Are there any proven tests to this yet? I am looking for as much speed as possible but I don't want to compromise rough water ability or turning.....

What do you guys think?
    Stock plate modified by Jim is what you want. Hook up, ride quality, handling and speed all improve BIG LEAGUE (in Trump voice)...

What about the Worx plate?
    Has Jim ever modified A Worx ride plate?
    is there any data on a Worx ride plate with Jim's mod?

The Great South Bay, can get rough as hell or smooth as glass. Which do you want to set your ski up for? Which conditions do you want the most gains in? Which conditions are ( or if ) you're going to be racing others in? Chose one,,,or get 2 rideplates.

+1
    Not sure if there is data testing a modded aftermarket plate thats what I am asking. I saw someone say in another thread that they can be modded and keep the benefits while gaining a mph or 2.

As far as buying two plates I hear you loud and clear thats what I did with my super jet. One for surf one for carving the marsh. With this ski though I would have no problem losing a MPH or 2 in order to gain handling/rough water riding/ and holeshot. I just thought that maybe there is a plate that does everything lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
    Not sure if there is data testing a modded aftermarket plate thats what I am asking. I saw someone say in another thread that they can be modded and keep the benefits while gaining a mph or 2.

As far as buying two plates I hear you loud and clear thats what I did with my super jet. One for surf one for carving the marsh. With this ski though I would have no problem losing a MPH or 2 in order to gain handling/rough water riding/ and holeshot. I just thought that maybe there is a plate that does everything lol.
    Stock plate modified by Jim does everything.

+1
    I will have an answer on the Worx plate with Jim's cut by this weekend. I am finishing my mods to my new GP1800 that's never seen water before. I have both Jim's cut to my stock ride plate as well as the Worx.

I will say anything by Jim is absolutely awesome. I have bought 8 or 9 plates from him cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Inna De Dance View Post
    What about the Worx plate?
    Has Jim ever modified A Worx ride plate?
    is there any data on a Worx ride plate with Jim's mod?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    I will have an answer on the Worx plate with Jim's cut by this weekend. I am finishing my mods to my new GP1800 that's never seen water before. I have both Jim's cut to my stock ride plate as well as the Worx.

I will say anything by Jim is absolutely awesome. I have bought 8 or 9 plates from him cut.
    Is your worx stock or Jim cutting that one too?

+1

Yeah..., Jim is amazing.
    Looking forward to your results!
    Thanks.

+1

This is what I am looking for. Someone who has tried all options and can give feedback. Ideally I don't want to have more than one plate lol.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information