Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea doo spark Manual reverse install

Ok guys, I received my kit today and got a jump start on assembling it.

If you purchase this, you're going to want to sort the gazillion parts and label them. I'll post some pics and you'll see how it did it. Trust me on this one, the instructions blow, the parts list is extensive, and it will help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0399.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	406189  

The first section of the "instructions" are for preassembly of some parts before installing on the ski. The pictographs don't show what hole to use, so a little trial and error got it done. A little of an "aha..that's what that means". They really should draw a line through the intended hole. Pics to follow for the first few steps. Hope it helps

This is what that part looks like completed

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	406191  

Reverse bucket pics

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	406193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg 
Views:	734 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	406194  

Sorry for the duplicate pic. Here's a couple more of the bucket housing lever assembly of how they should look completed

Name:	IMG_0397.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	406196  

Housing lever assembly

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	406197  

That's it for now. It's too cold in my garage to continue. This is definitely not a hard job. Mostly it's just figuring out what the hell the diagrams say. There are almost no written instructions

more to follow later....

Before I yank the top off the ski, I'd really appreciate some info on intake grates. I'm torn between worx and riva. Leaning towards riva due to the coating ( few $ more). Riva sponsons made a night/day difference btw

whats the difference if any? Does the coating really matter in freshwater? Any pluses or minuses to either ? Thanks in advance. More reverse install to follow later

Ok guys, just finished installing the Manual reverse and here's the rest of what I think is needed. I don't have time for a full write up.

After the bucket assembly above, the instructions say to drill holes. The one behind the bucket is pretty self explanatory. The 3 holes for the cable clamp up forward is marked horribly in the plastic. If I did it over again, I'd drill the 1/2" hole only, and then wait til it was time to clamp to drill the other 2.

Installing the bucket... well.... there are 3 holes on each side bracket to choose from. Lol. It's the BOTTOM HOLE. Trial and error got me there. The instructions make no mention of which hole. Again, the instructions blow

running the cable: I used rtv around the rear seal even though instructions didn't say to. Funny thing is that the instructions do say to rtv the front hole.... the one Way above the waterline.

The front mech: Either tear apart the front console completely (i did not) or feel around for 2 screw holes that hold it in. You will have to take out the 2 bolts in the glove box to have enough play to wiggle the mech in.

Other than that, it's not too bad. Took me 5 hours to install reverse and worx intake grate by myself. I didn't take the top half completely off, I just propped it up

if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them

Pics. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. Lol. The first pics show the brackets. The last one shows the groove where the cable clamp goes. 1/2 of the clamp is there already

Name:	IMG_0454.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	406780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	406781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	406782  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information