Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 150 races.....got me thinking

Hey guys...so after a string of bad luck i finally got the ultra out on the water today and reminded myself why i love this ski....

As i was coming home down the river i see a 2015 Yammy VXR....which is actually the ski ive been thinking of upgrading or adding.....spoke with the guy
    ...had a ride of it....it was ok....raced him in the ultra and man i pulled about 2 ski lengths from him?? I thought the vxr were meant to be quicker???

Got me thinking what other skis have you guys beat up on??

+1
    I feel your pain ..I finally got mine straightened out..before I did I was a tad slower that a lightly modded Honda Turbo and about the same as a Seadoo GTR..I think I might be faster than both now ..the Solas 16-20 should give me at least a MPH ..I had so many issues it is hard to tell what did what.

+1
    I haven't had mine long enough to find a race, but I should be receiving today a top secret weapon that's going to make it very tough on those 4-strokes. It has something to do with the exhaust, the ignition, and the carbs, lol....

+1
    Be sure you give us a progress report.Prof you are not that far from me ..we should do a ride...we have been wanting to ride in Chattanooga..I still need to make a run with low fuel and fresh plugs...I know this is an Ultra thread but my Doo has not been beat to 70...there is for sure somebody out there and I have been beat by skis with higher top[modded RXT 300] but has not happened yet ..gets to 70 in a little over 4 seconds..

+1
    Love to meet up and ride when it gets warm. Chattanooga isn't far at all. I have a buddy that lives close to the lake up there. I don't know what to expect yet on my Ultra project. I have 3 and two are going to stay mostly stock and reliable. The other I am going to take to the limit, which I hear is around 80 mph. As far as acceleration, those forced-induction skis are bad dudes. I don't know what to expect.

+1
    I would like to do the Tennessee River.I have gone as far as I am going to go with both of my skis engine wise.Think I can get 67 out of the Ultra.Have not had the Doo in cooler air and water..might get 75...I would think 80 on the Ultra would require full concentration..I went 84 on a modded Yamaha GP 1300R...eye watering to say the least.

+1
    I was able to beat an Ultra 250 with my 150, on both hole shot and top speed. He was stock, I'm not. I run a 1350 CC Ultra 150, but its built for acceleration not top speed.
    Still beating the 250 was nice.
    Now when it get rough, forget it the 250 walks me as Im not in the water enough to get any speed LOL

+1
    That is why I got an Ultra 150 instead of a Seadoo RX ..too hard to get an RX into the upper 60s ...At 66-67 I can hang with most stock skis.

+1
    Well, the brown truck showed up with some go-fast goodies....Coffman triple pipes, Advent ignition, and some 50mm billet carbs. I have no idea who made the carbs. They are bare aluminum bodies with purple diaphragm covers. Need to track down maker, rebuild parts and jets.

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Back in 2010 when I had my Ultra 150 I beat a GP1300R three times back to back to back. And I watched my friend race his uncles Ultra 250, the other rider was cocky and gave a small head start but tried and couldn't catch up over at least 1/4 mile stretch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information