Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Best all weather cover available??? Need advice.

I just purchased a new 2017 GP1800. I own a houseboat and during lake season the ski will be stored on the tilted rails on the back of the boat. Winter is no issue. I'll take it to the garage. I am unsure if the factory cover is the best option. I know the cover will need to be breathable but I want something that will offer the best protection possible since our spring and summer seasons seem to always be very rainy. Recommendations are appreciated.

+1
    I've been extremely happy with the OEM covers. One cover has been outdoors for 3 years in New England and still looks brand new. However, I'd make sure that the bow is up high enough that water doesn't stay in the foot wells. I've also heard positive things about Jettribe covers. However, I don't see one listed on there website which would fit your GP1800. I'm pretty sure the VXR cover would fit it the GP1800 one isn't out yet.

+1
    Thank you for your response.

OEM covers are great but like everything else, need maintenance. Not sure if you can get it over the pond but a wash and re-treatment with a waterproof treatment will do it a world of good.
    Look up Nikwax tech wash and Nikwax tx direct. They are a wash in treatment for breathable covers and work a treat. I have just done mine.

+1
    Would stay away from the jetribe one lots of not so happy folks on here. They last for a year or two then start to fad and shred when left out in the sun for extended periods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence (RI) View Post
    I've been extremely happy with the OEM covers. One cover has been outdoors for 3 years in New England and still looks brand new. However, I'd make sure that the bow is up high enough that water doesn't stay in the foot wells. I've also heard positive things about Jettribe covers. However, I don't see one listed on there website which would fit your GP1800. I'm pretty sure the VXR cover would fit it the GP1800 one isn't out yet.
    I am not sure about the New VXR but I tried a 2012 VXR cover on my GP1800 and it did not come close to fitting...

+1
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I am just gonna stick with the factory cover and try and spray it with a water protectant and see what happens.

+1
    "I am not sure about the New VXR but I tried a 2012 VXR cover on my GP1800 and it did not come close to fitting..."

You are 100% correct.

VXR hull was changed in 2015 and earlier covers won't fit. Covers should fit from 2015 and up if the GP1800 specific cover isn't available.
    Last edited by K447; 01-28-2017 at 12:21 AM.

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    I have a sealskin, it's on its first year so I can't say how well it will hold up long term but its warranted for 10 yrs and is twice as thick as the others I found. it's 1200 denier fabric instead of 600 on the others. I can tell you it's water proof and UV protected.

+1
    Get an OEM cover. I bought one shortly after buying our 2013 FZS. It's four years old now and other than the silk screening flaking off it still going strong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information