Bilge pump install ideas, outlet and switch

Hey blokes, I'm looking to install a bilge pump in my recently purchased 2005 GTX Wake. Looking for ideas on where to put the outlet, and also the switch.

Also, I've never drilled through fibreglass. Is there a special method or is it just a straight forward hole drill ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170121_004.jpg 
Views:	622 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	405811  

+1
    I don't have your craft so I can't help with the placement however in all the years I've been messing with boats and PWC this is the best switch I've found to use. It's truly waterproof and won't fail unlike the cheap ones that say they are waterproof. Some of these may be ok on a boat console but on a PWC where water is always hitting everything you want this. Not the cheapest but the best IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371346081064

You may be able to find one cheaper elsewhere though. Usually industrial supply houses have them. Good luck

African-American
    +1

Bilge pump install ideas, outlet and switch

Don't waste your time with a manual switch get an automatic solid state sensing switch and connect it and your pump directly to your battery. You can then buy a rule 1100gph non automatic pump and never have to worry about any issues (burnt out pumps, drained batteries, faulty switches)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	405824

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

The link above is an old "how to Thread" that has gotten very large over time with many ideas on bilge pumps, switches, outlets, etc. Take the time to scroll through the pages and you will see lots of great ideas of how to install your system.

You are wise to install a pump or 2 and will help you get to shore in an emergency.

Having had two 2005 GTXs that the carbon seal failed on, I can tell you first hand I would not put it on the water unless it had a good pump in it. On my GTX Wake I put the outlet on the port side in the grab handle opening. Water sprayed out through there just fine and you can see it if it starts. An automatic pump is the only way, because by the time you realize you have an issue and flip a switch it is already too late. The first thing I did when we got our new GTXs was to put pumps on them before they ever hit the water. If you don't you will learn a very expensive lesson real fast if you have an issue.

Thanks guys for the advice. I'll also check out that old thread. Cheers

+1
    It was also the very first thing I did on my RXT, before taking it to the water. I have since added another pump, there is one on each side of the carbon seal area. The spot I chose for the outlet is in the picture, then with the addition of the second pump I added another outlet right next to it. I have one three way switch (auto-off-on) for both mounted in the small storage bin under the steering wheel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	405875  

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    https://www.blowsion.com/bilge-switch-3-position IMO you can't beat these switches, you have 3 positions OFF/AUTO/MANUAL and they have a great track record of durability on stand up jet skis which get much more wet than yours likely will. I had one on my stand up that was used in saltwater for years before I bought it

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater n Premix View Post
    https://www.blowsion.com/bilge-switch-3-position IMO you can't beat these switches, you have 3 positions OFF/AUTO/MANUAL and they have a great track record of durability on stand up jet skis which get much more wet than yours likely will. I had one on my stand up that was used in saltwater for years before I bought it
    That is a really nice switch.. Expensive but nice. I've had no issues with the honeywells ones I mentioned but the action of this one seems nicer..

Thread Information