Thread: Wot on the hose

Wot on the hose

Hey guys. How long can I run the ski on the trailer with the hose on? And can I go wot? And how long?

+1
    1.5 min to 2 min and I wouldn't rev past 4000 rpm max. I like to stay below 3500.

Quote Originally Posted by CTrider View Post
    1.5 min to 2 min and I wouldn't rev past 4000 rpm max. I like to stay below 3500.
    For the carbon seal not to get worn and engine to hot... I sometimes pull it to 7000 but just for a sec

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Given the post title I'll assume that the main portion of your question is really related to whether you can go WOT on the hose. I'd wager a lot of people cringed as I did when I read the title and your posts

Can I ask what you're trying to accomplish that would cause you to want to run WOT on the hose?

I am working on a ski off my friend. He says his ski is shaking when he is at wot on the water... So I wanted to know if I could test this on the trailer...

I also did the SC rebuild, slip was at 6.8 NM instead of 8... Could that cause the vibration at wot?

+1
    I would not go WOT on the hose, there's a bit of a chicken or the egg effect here...

If you go WOT without warming up the motor ...well you know that's not good. If you warm up the motor that means your carbon ring/retainer are already overheated and doing WOT will cause damage.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rinus View Post
    I am working on a ski off my friend. He says his ski is shaking when he is at wot on the water... So I wanted to know if I could test this on the trailer...

I also did the SC rebuild, slip was at 6.8 NM instead of 8... Could that cause the vibration at wot?
    Save it for a water test. The characteristics of the PWC/engine at WOT under load and not under load (out of water) will not be comparable.

I don't know about 6.8Nm being the direct cause of the vibration but it does fall off the low end of the specified range of acceptable slipping moment BRP advises.

+1
    I feel like I just said this in another thread about a carbon ring.. test it on the trailer in the water or take it for a rip with the seat off. My guess is motor mount or something screwed up with wear ring or impeller out of balance

No you can't go WOT on the hose. 2 minutes maximum run time on the hose. Couple of brief revs to 5K RPM. From the manual: "Never run engine longerthan 2 minutes. Drive line seal hasno cooling when watercraft is out ofwater."

Thread Information