Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

XX Charger Wheel vs XXX Charger complete assembly

Need some opinions here.

I was going to swap my charger wheels (to the ET 137+4) via my next order from Jerry but the more I look at the complete assembly of the XXX Charger, the more I like it.

So my concern would be, will I run too lean out of the gate with a Maptuner X Tune of 8650 or is that tune going to be spot on for the supporting mods below?
    I haven't flashed the skis yet so I am not sure what tunes I will see available to me to choose from but wanted to make sure I am not screwing up. Thanks for the help.

Both PX 260's will be identical:

• IMUK
    • Catch Can
    • RRFPR - 58 lbs static
    • VT-1100 Injectors
    • 8650 Tune ???
    • Springs & Retainers Both
    • Open Loop Cooling
    • F1000 IC w/ hard pipes
    • Riva Water Box
    • Riva Rear Exhaust Kit
    • 15/20 Prop to start with
    • SS Wear Rings
    • XX Charger Wheel or XXX Complete Assembly ????
    • 4" Kanaflex Intake
    • Riva SS Grate
    • Jim's Open loop plates
    • Pump Relief Set-Up
    • 300 Conversion Valve Covers and Coils

+1
    A few years back I ran the xx on a vtech tune . It ran ok but I decided to try the xxx . I was fairly disappointed in the results . Real world boost only came up maybe 1 psi. It was a big let down. I would stick with the ET wheels. That 137+4 is a nice one and just about anyone who has one is very happy with it .

+1
    I have everything on your list but without Jim's plate yet with cam and a few extra additions. I've modded the 260 in small steps all along the way and learned much from it. My ski ran a best of 84.3 GPS (or 86 dash). If you want similar, you will need to spin the motor much higher then what a 8650 tune can handle. For my taste, turning these motors below 8850 is pointless as they really come "alive" above that. Yes they will wear faster but its part of the game. FWIW: I've gone 81.9 (gps) on stock xcharger (stock plate).

The XXX2 (ET68-140) is about as big as I would suggest (I don't like the 145 wheels), but the small and light-weight xx2 (ET137)is such a great wheel and your SC bearings last longer (no need for tipple-bearings). Also, don't expect to simply download a tune and go ride. I've data logged the crap out of mine and my tune is very different from where it began.

All the fast guys down here that were running Jim's plate removed it because above 83/84mph it had a high risk of stuffing (on PX's). It's a cheap way to get top speed up but at too much risk. I suppose if you spent a lot of time playing with pump relief setup...but truthfully, don't need that cloud over your head. Getting thrown off WFO isn't fun. Just build more power!

What is your goal? Top speed, max 0-80 acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    I would stick with the ET wheels.
    I think when John mentioned running XX or XXX wheels, he means the XX-2 and XXX-2 from riva. Couple years ago Riva switched to Engine-Tech and both the XX-2 and XXX-2 are ET wheels (just anodized black).

+1
    Good info. Yea I'm torn between putting the ET 137+4 in my stock charger assembly or buying the complete Riva XXX-2 already assembled.

I didn't realize the difference was so small on Boost till just now so I'll probably just stick the 137+4 in, plus it'll save me about 1,300 bucks per ski.

I'll have major pump reliefs done, in progress now. So I'm not worried about the stuffing anymore.

I'm pretty easy on my skis. I ride long distances and carry lots of beer up front so I'm in eco mode most of the time. I'll only go wild every now and then.

I know I'll be having to Tune and dial in a great deal in the beginning, but I just didn't want to actually start out dangerously lean, plus I'm not sure what Tune options are even available above 8650. I don't mind spinning it real high. I plan on logging as soon as something is available. Would like to try the dash PAC logger when it comes out but since I already have a MapTuner X, I'm not sure what's going to be more price beneficial since that logger is coming out soon.
    So I don't know which way to go as far as logging is concerned.

My goals: I'd love to run around 80 but not sure what the mods above will give me. I assume it's more than enough though.

+1
    Go with the smaller charger and spend the extra money on new riva cams

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    My goals: I'd love to run around 80 but not sure what the mods above will give me. I assume it's more than enough though.
    Around 80? Thats so easy even a caveman can do that. As I've mentioned, I've done 81.9 with bone stock SC. So I'm a bit confused why you are doing "major pump reliefs" if its pointless at the goals you listed.

Anyways, a hot ticket to 80mph would be everything you listed but run a 3-blade 161mm along with the 137+4. That will give you nasty acceleration and easily reach your goal without reliefs or a ride plate that raises your nose.

BTW: Not willing to talk details since I'm still going through testing but, I've been doing some testing with 3-blade 161mm and its been a mixture of ups and downs. But they do hook up

Hi sanfish, just curios as i just read that you had a standard x charger do 81.9 gps, can you tell me how you achieved this speed and what other mods you did and at what rev did you hit this speed?
    I have a 2014 rxpx 260. My dream is to hit 80+ mph but dont want to go over the top with mods, is this achievable at all?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by missrxp View Post
    Hi sanfish, just curios as i just read that you had a standard x charger do 81.9 gps, can you tell me how you achieved this speed and what other mods you did and at what rev did you hit this speed?
    I have a 2014 rxpx 260. My dream is to hit 80+ mph but dont want to go over the top with mods, is this achievable at all?
    I had everything OP listed in parts except with ESPS cam and instead of a 15/20R, I ran a 15/19R (and I prefer plastic liners). I likely left some on the table because at that time I didn't have a Lucky13 cone and picked up 1mph when I used it later in the build.

You will need to spin the motor high. I was turning engine to 9,095 RPM (13.6psi boost - xcharger) on a 9400 custom tune. If at that time I had the option to test a Jim's plate, it could have been pretty shocking speed results on stock SC.

Please note, my speed tests was in fresh water and at sea-level.

+1
    I ran my 2 rude (almost same as et137+4) set up with jims plate at 14 psi at 8600 ran a best of 81 mph and did not get bucked off the ski had the 15/20 ran with the 9000 tune but the humidity choked the ski down to 8600 keep it under 85 with the jims plate and there's no need to run pump reliefs

+1
    Understood. I just know me, and when I nail 80, I'll want much more. That's why I'm trying to do all I can while everything is out. So it's the perfect time to knock out pump reliefs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1485103478.493037.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	405720

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information