Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    What hull did my old 2008 GTX have, and how does it compare to the S3?

    I had a 2008 GTX for several years and it was comfortable but boring, you couldn't do 180's on it, and it didn't feel nimble. My cousin got a 2013 GTI and I liked how it rode a lot better. I sold my 2008 last summer and I'm in the market for a brand new one. I'm debating between a GTR 230 on the GTI hull (which I've ridden before and I like) and the RXT-260. The only thing I'm unsure about is the S3 hull, can you still get squirrely with it? I mainly ride on Lake Huron. Thanks!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    España
    Posts
    95
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    I had a 2008 GTX for several years and it was comfortable but boring, you couldn't do 180's on it, and it didn't feel nimble. My cousin got a 2013 GTI and I liked how it rode a lot better. I sold my 2008 last summer and I'm in the market for a brand new one. I'm debating between a GTR 230 on the GTI hull (which I've ridden before and I like) and the RXT-260. The only thing I'm unsure about is the S3 hull, can you still get squirrely with it? I mainly ride on Lake Huron. Thanks!
    I had the rxt 260 s3, and now I have the rxp 260 t3 and my brother has the gtr 215. the gtr is very noble and very funny. Jumps, 180 and 360 turns ....top speed 110 km/h.

  3. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,061
    +1
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    I had a 2008 GTX for several years and it was comfortable but boring, you couldn't do 180's on it, and it didn't feel nimble. My cousin got a 2013 GTI and I liked how it rode a lot better. I sold my 2008 last summer and I'm in the market for a brand new one. I'm debating between a GTR 230 on the GTI hull (which I've ridden before and I like) and the RXT-260. The only thing I'm unsure about is the S3 hull, can you still get squirrely with it? I mainly ride on Lake Huron. Thanks!
    The GTX was the RXT hull. No name for it just called the RXT hull. It’s for brave people in the chop. The S3 is worlds better in every way. The GTI is the GTR hull and not as good. The T3 hull for single riding is the best if you can predict the chop. If you have slosh it’s a work out. If you have passengers the S3 is nice or you might want to look into the Yamaha VXS

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    The GTX was the RXT hull. No name for it just called the RXT hull. It’s for brave people in the chop. The S3 is worlds better in every way. The GTI is the GTR hull and not as good. The T3 hull for single riding is the best if you can predict the chop. If you have slosh it’s a work out. If you have passengers the S3 is nice or you might want to look into the Yamaha VXS
    So as a single rider I would have more fun and could throw an S3 around more than a GTI hull/GTR, yet still retain the capability to have 2-3 people on it if need be? Smooth and choppy conditions? Thanks for the help and replies!

  6. #5
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,061
    +1
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    So as a single rider I would have more fun and could throw an S3 around more than a GTI hull/GTR, yet still retain the capability to have 2-3 people on it if need be? Smooth and choppy conditions? Thanks for the help and replies!
    yes. In the chop and single riding you’ll find yourself standing up more on the S3 than the T3 though. I always had the girl on the back so RXP was always a no go for me especially since normal riding is 2ft chop. I’m 6’3 and fit and a day on my RXT would beat me up. The S3 I could still go out later.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 2008 gtx sc and 2006 rxt sc and double trailer new jersey
    By BEECHFRONT in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
  2. My 2008 RXP 215 Will not stay hooked up to the water???
    By eschanen85 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  3. What Hull For My Project
    By beerdart in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
  4. what does it take to turn a 14/20 without going too deep?
    By bow tie klr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
  5. GTX S/C Motor on its way to Nils!!!!
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •