Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Sea doo rxt 215 2006 overhearing.

Hi guys, i'm new on the jetski world and to this forum. My english is not very well but i hope u understand me.

Ok so i have a overheating problem in my 06 rxt with 185h on it.
    It started in september when i was waving on full throttle with my jet ski for about 5m of full throttle. Everythink was smooth until the jet ski started beeping - long beeps, and got into limphome mode (1,800 rpm) and warning light came on and it says "engine overheating" warning code "p1116".
    I stopped the jet ski, and open the back seat, and noticed that all the coolant flew out from the coolant tank to the angine compartment.
    I decided to keep going to the shore (50ft) in limphome mode ( bad decide) and when i reached the shore i fill it up with some water. I test the jet ski and after 5 min of runing on full throttle it over heating again. This time i had a bottle of water with me so i fill it up and trailed it home.

Quick look i saw no leaks. Pressure test - no loose of pressure. So i fill it up again with red collant water and i take it back to the water. 15 min, and boom - overheating again 😣.

I fill it up with some coolant again, and i took off the back seat, and i started the "bottle test". Sadly, a lot of coolant is overheating and splashed into the bottle feom the coolant tank, theu the reserv hull.

So guys, i need ur opinion, the are some more test i should do befor i open the head gasket? Thanks!

Co2 test on coolant tank

+1
    See if you have little black pieces in your coolant tank ,

Quote Originally Posted by martinelli View Post
    Co2 test on coolant tank
    Nice idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    See if you have little black pieces in your coolant tank ,
    I checked it and i can't see any black pices.

+1
    If it's only blowing out at wot it's normally head gasket. Compression test won't show it. I would fill with new coolant and see if any specs are floating and then ride it slowly and see what happens. If nothing go wot, if at wot it blows out coolant then your needing The head gasket replaced.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    If it's only blowing out at wot it's normally head gasket. Compression test won't show it. I would fill with new coolant and see if any specs are floating and then ride it slowly and see what happens. If nothing go wot, if at wot it blows out coolant then your needing The head gasket replaced.
    I already test it. At 6,000rpm there is no collant coming out, but if i rev it to 7,000 or more - the coolant start to float immidatly. So, it's Headgasket? It can be worse then a head gasket?

+1
    Not normally but depends on what the cause was.. is your ski stock or modified? Has is gotten cold out and maybe you rode the ski for 5 mins at wot on the limiter... I would check to make sure the deck and head are still true.. all depends on what happend. But normally it just blows the head gasket. I would pull it apart and check it all over and install new gasket and a set of arp head studs. But we need more info to figure out what happened to cause this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirhamud47 View Post
    I already test it. At 6,000rpm there is no collant coming out, but if i rev it to 7,000 or more - the coolant start to float immidatly. So, it's Headgasket? It can be worse then a head gasket?

the leak can b as fine as three hairs side by side and ONLY at WOT will it puke...........9.9 out of 10 its the head gasket......as stated deck the block & head for best results.........I would not do one or the other IMO as the cam can stick upon reassembly...........
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    Not normally but depends on what the cause was.. is your ski stock or modified? Has is gotten cold out and maybe you rode the ski for 5 mins at wot on the limiter... I would check to make sure the deck and head are still true.. all depends on what happend. But normally it just blows the head gasket. I would pull it apart and check it all over and install new gasket and a set of arp head studs. But we need more info to figure out what happened to cause this.
    Again. I was riding "wot" (8,100rpm) and the jetski overheated. I kept on moving in limphome mode for more 5 min. When i rached to safe area i removed the backseat and i saw that all the collant splashed out from the coolant tank. When i flush the old coolant and took it to the water and since then the jet ski is overheating cosntantly. I think i'll do what u recomended for me, i'll just open the head and see if there are some more injuers.

P.m the ski is not modified. It has only solas impeller and blow off valve kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post

the leak can b as fine as three hairs side by side and ONLY at WOT will it puke...........9.9 out of 10 its the head gasket......as stated deck the block & head for best results.........I would not do one or the other IMO as the cam can stick upon reassembly...........
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks bro!

+1
    Pull the head before you cause real damage. That head gasket must be seriously done if it's blowing out that much coolant at "only" those RPMs.

It's a long shot but if someone worked on that ski before and hooked up the oil cooler lines backwards it would also blow coolant out the overflow bottle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information