Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    DanSVHO hook up us with a new diagram of how everything will be installed when you can, if possible.

+1

Thumbs up

TEC TIP: What I do is drill the white oem plastic pump strainer holes to the next larger drill bit size. I do not like the large slots on the Riva pump strainer. Plus over time I have seen a couple of these Riva strainers with fins completely broken out and missing . These large slots tend to let larger pieces of debris go into inner cooler, oil cooler and engine cooling system stopping up the small cooling fins passages in the inner cooler and oil cooler. Also the oem strainer has exit holes in both ends of it so you can not install it wrong, where as the Riva strainer can be installed the wrong way stopping water flow to the motor if installed incorrectly. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Good info!

Another option is to remove the strainer and run an in-line strainer inside the hull, between the incoming water line and the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    TEC TIP: What I do is drill the white oem plastic pump strainer holes to the next larger drill bit size. I do not like the large slots on the Riva pump strainer. Plus over time I have seen a couple of these Riva strainers with fins completely broken out and missing . These large slots tend to let larger pieces of debris go into inner cooler, oil cooler and engine cooling system stopping up the small cooling fins passages in the inner cooler and oil cooler. Also the oem strainer has exit holes in both ends of it so you can not install it wrong, where as the Riva strainer can be installed the wrong way stopping water flow to the motor if installed incorrectly. Tommy Jordan

+1
    hate to hijack...im just getting to this point in my modifications. I changed my impeller and bolted on the new strainer which I swear is identical to my gp1300r ones...at 4x the money...but anyways. I plan to do a siphon delete...atleast I think it's a good idea to eliminate the stupid pipe that makes my ski pull to one side (assuming, havent ridden new one yet)...

Is the inlet for the siphon line large enough to accommodate the kit? or do I need to drill into the hull and use the thru-hull fitting supplied with the kit? As far as flushing...and forgive me as I havent really read too much into the directions yet on this particular mod...but as far as flushing is concerned...wouldnt a t-fitting suffice between the old and new line? Just hoping to avoid 2 sep flushings.

+1
    I took the exsisting intercooler feed line and ran it the new anode and the rear of block.i had to cut about 12'' of hose off so it would fit on the anode without kinking. I then did the thru hull fitting right bellow the reverse cable bucket at transom and ran from strainer to outide thru hull, to inside thru hull, then directly to intercooler. I added a flush line directly into the inlet port of intercooler and T'd it off with a line coming straight up for easy access. I also added a quick disconnect for ease of use so i wont have to screw a hose in everytime. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedG View Post
    DanSVHO hook up us with a new diagram of how everything will be installed when you can, if possible.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Hi Dan, don't have pics of the through hull fitting location in your pump do you? Is it off to one side of the tunnel or where the instructions say to do it? Want to do mine but drilling next to the transom plate worries me..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boogtonic View Post
    Hi Dan, don't have pics of the through hull fitting location in your pump do you? Is it off to one side of the tunnel or where the instructions say to do it? Want to do mine but drilling next to the transom plate worries me..
    You can delete the siphon tube and use that instead of drilling a hole in the transom.

9. +1 by:

+1
    the hole willbe drilled right in between the reverse cable and where the siphon tube goes in. If you look inside the hull whee the transom is, it will be on the port side of the boat rightin bewteen the two other fittings. i recommend making the hole slightly more port side so when you install the through hull fitting, it doesnt touch the transom plate. If you go to riva instruction library under pro cooling installation, there is a pic of where they sugguest to make the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by boogtonic View Post

+1
    So I'm finishing up on the painful process that is installing one of these kits into a GP1800. It would seem to me that the best way to do it would be to leave the port side (exhaust side) completely stock as the lines are actually bigger than what is supplied in the kit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. I was under the impression that we have a feed direct to intercooler which I have. Then from Rivas directions the intercooler outlet goes to the oil cooler (which doesn't really make sense to me)...and being a GP1800, it has the updated oil cooler that has an extra barb. Also on the motor there is a dual barb inlet to accommodate for the extra barb on the oil cooler. All in all...I've wasted 4 hours with this stupid ass side all because I have older directions and an older part of the kit, lacking some of the GP1800 oil cooler blockoffs etc.

I'll be riding in Florida from now till say mid May. Then its being carted to Cape Cod, MA until roughly October.

What have you guys done for your configurations? I just want to start bolting crap back in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I thought the Riva strainer was metal? My old ones were. I already installed this new one without really analyzing it too much. I've yet to have any issues in 10+ years of riding with them in my GPR. I appreciate the heads up...just figured I'd ask if you can elaborate how or when the fins have broken.

13. +1 by:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information