Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Riva pro cooling and fizzle installation

Hello guys,

I need some clarification about the Riva pro-cooling kit install while doing the fizzle.

The first question has to do with the pro cooling kit install only. I already have the Riva stage one cooling kit installed. It seems like part of the pro cooling kit instructions is exactly like the stage one kit instructions. Do I still have to take out the exhaust manifold to install the pro cooling kit? There is a new t fitting included but isnít it the same as the stage one kit?

Also, I canít understand the proper routing of the new lines. The through hull will be an independent line that goes directly to which barb on the cooler? Obviously, the second barb is for the exit line that will go to the starboard side pisser that itís already coming out of?

The old intercooler feed line will go to anode that is supplied with the kit going to back of block. Is that correct? Everything else stays the same?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Hello guys,

I need some clarification about the Riva pro-cooling kit install while doing the fizzle.

The first question has to do with the pro cooling kit install only. I already have the Riva stage one cooling kit installed. It seems like part of the pro cooling kit instructions is exactly like the stage one kit instructions. Do I still have to take out the exhaust manifold to install the pro cooling kit? There is a new t fitting included but isnít it the same as the stage one kit?

Also, I canít understand the proper routing of the new lines. The through hull will be an independent line that goes directly to which barb on the cooler? Obviously, the second barb is for the exit line that will go to the starboard side pisser that itís already coming out of?

The old intercooler feed line will go to anode that is supplied with the kit going to back of block. Is that correct? Everything else stays the same?
    The supply line for the intercooler usually goes in the bottom fitting.
    According to the instructions that I have seen, the exit from the intercooler goes to the supply for the oil cooler.
    The oem line under the exhaust goes directly to the block after the first T.
    Hopefully someone who has water temp. Logging can verify if that is necessary depending on the water temp where you ride.
    I have heard of people running a f2 wheel having gio issues with the cooling kit, even when they leave the block thermostat in.
    Personally I would use the stage 1 and use the pro cooling for the oem intercooler supply to the anode, and the pump waterline to the intercooler, run it thru the siphon hull fitting.

+1
    Thats what i have heard also. So, i can get away with simply doing the dedicated line to intercooler thrugh hull, then the exit goes to oil cooler and running the stock intercooler line to anode in back of block?

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    The supply line for the intercooler usually goes in the bottom fitting.
    According to the instructions that I have seen, the exit from the intercooler goes to the supply for the oil cooler.
    The oem line under the exhaust goes directly to the block after the first T.
    Hopefully someone who has water temp. Logging can verify if that is necessary depending on the water temp where you ride.
    I have heard of people running a f2 wheel having gio issues with the cooling kit, even when they leave the block thermostat in.
    Personally I would use the stage 1 and use the pro cooling for the oem intercooler supply to the anode, and the pump waterline to the intercooler, run it thru the siphon hull fitting.

+1
    What I did was the line that goes to the Oem intercooler I ran it the anode fitting that goes to the motor....and I ran a dedicated line to the Fizzle intercooler and it cools off the Fizzle intercooler great..

+1
    That's correct, the dedicated thru-hull inlet water line goes to the bottom barb on the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler and the exit water goes out the top barb on the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler.

+1
    So, the only items i need for cooling are the anode, stainer, and lines. Is it necessary to take off exhaust manifold? I am going to do dedicated line to fizzle and connect the exsisting intercooler line to anode. Where does the exit line for intercooler go? To oil cooler? or to pisser on starboard side?
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    What I did was the line that goes to the Oem intercooler I ran it the anode fitting that goes to the motor....and I ran a dedicated line to the Fizzle intercooler and it cools off the Fizzle intercooler great..

+1
    Where does theexit line go? starboard pisser? or oil cooler? As Riva instructions indicate. Thank!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    That's correct, the dedicated thru-hull inlet water line goes to the bottom barb on the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler and the exit water goes out the top barb on the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler.

+1
    Outlet of the Fizzle goes out the side were the Oem pissers are.....and yes all you need is the Riva pump strainer and Anode fitting and 1/2 water line

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Where does theexit line go? starboard pisser? or oil cooler? As Riva instructions indicate. Thank!
    i would run the exit from the intercooler to the starboard exit. if you need more cooling you can change it when it gets warmer. if you have to much cooling you run the risk of gio. just my .02

+1
    i guess i didint need to buy the pro-cooling kit then. I could of bought the anode, fitting, strainer, and had the same thing done. I do ride in south florida so its rarely cool here. im trying to avoid having to take the exhaust manifold off. That was a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    Outlet of the Fizzle goes out the side were the Oem pissers are.....and yes all you need is the Riva pump strainer and Anode fitting and 1/2 water line

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information