Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Stagnant Kawasaki

I think it's a shame that Kawa is so stagnant, with the hull that has the Ultra 310 and do not do to remove some weight to the set and use a more reliable engine.
    Will there be news from Kawa in 2018?

+1
    I doubt it, just BNG. Heck they came out with a standup for 2017, that well, is just too big. Will sell at first then die.
    They missed the whole beauty of a standup, your the control, it does what you ask. The new pig, well your along for the ride, an overweight Sea-Doo 3D is what is is, not a standup.
    Its generating no excitement like the GP1800 is.

+1
    Although the 310 platform could use some refinement in ergos, technology and some other small improvements, I hope they don't mess with it too much. It's such a great all around ski. I haven't had any reliability issues, including back to my 250. We have 4 ultras in the family now, 1 300, and now 3 310's. The past year and a half have been almost all ocean riding.

As far as the racing scene, the only thing holding back Kawasaki is their lack of support and involvement.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    I think it's a shame that Kawa is so stagnant, with the hull that has the Ultra 310 and do not do to remove some weight to the set and use a more reliable engine.

A heavy wide bodied deep V hull is what is necessary to keep it stable and track forward thru big waves chop at a steady pace, this was the plan and design by Kawasaki and I'm sure and the use of a belt driven SC as opposed to Clutch driven SC ski when coming off waves will also have less stress and issues ..

The first manufacturer to get Coast Guard approval to design and sell a Turbo PWC out of the box will win big time in sales , sure there will be a speed limiter on it but we know we can get around that��

Honda Aquatrax Turbo a few yrs back with its turbo lag and low power was a dog with fleas��

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post

The first manufacturer to get Coast Guard approval to design and sell a Turbo PWC out of the box ...
    How is the US Coast Guard involved in whether a PWC manufacturer uses a particular engine configuration?

The list of PWC industry exemptions granted by the Coast Guard is mostly about the fuel system, hull power venting, passenger loading and maximum cruise speed, correct?

+1

Stagnant Kawasaki

Believe me the Coast Guard will have a say on what's approved and manufactured NEW for US boating..

+1
    Happy with the Ultras evolution! However, Kawasaki, intergratable instrument panel would be nice & Turbo please.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    Have you been to the Yamaha Forums? They're going through Timing Chains like potato chips over there. To Yamaha's credit though, they are replacing them (even out of warranty).

The Ultra engine appears to be as reliable, or more so, than anything else out there. And you rarely hear about a Supercharger issue on the Ultra. JB

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    I doubt it, just BNG. Heck they came out with a standup for 2017, that well, is just too big. Will sell at first then die.
    They missed the whole beauty of a standup, your the control, it does what you ask. The new pig, well your along for the ride, an overweight Sea-Doo 3D is what is is, not a standup.
    Its generating no excitement like the GP1800 is.
    Your opinion. Once you ride one you will think very differently.

+1
    I have 14 Ultra at 165 hours no issues and it runs just as strong as it did New. It's not the fastest ski but it rides great in all conditions!

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information