Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 07 RXT, NO POWER, no seadoo light with key in, no noise. need help

I have a 2007 RXT with 170 hours on it, ran the jetski in end of September, never had an issue or a hiccup, season ended and I went to winterize the jetski and plugged the key in, nothing, no beeps or even seadoo on the gauge cluster. figured maybe battery was bad. swapped to a known good battery (just used 10 minutes before hand to winterize another jetski) still nothing, I tried the learner key thinking it might have been the key, same problem. so I jump the starter and the jetski cranks, checked the ECU on the side of the motor to see if something wasn't plugged in, no issues. I then changed that little relay by the 2 30 amp fuses because I had a brand new one laying around, tested all fuses with a test light and checked corrosion. all seems good. grounds are clean on the motor. I tried a new DESS post (aftermarket to be honest) and nothing. I have read maybe chaffed wires somewhere with these are an issue. I apologize for the drawn out post but I wanted to be as informative as possible, can anybody point me in a direction to look? Id hate to go to a dealer and say "it wont start I don't know why" because that's writing a blank check. THANKS again for anyone's help and/or tips!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    yeah you don't want to bring a mystery date to a dealership.

welcome aboard.

did somebody else use your ski the last time?

ski ever jump started?

there is a mishmash of ecu/mpem bits during 06-08 but anytime it's something like this I go right for the ECU, it's the only sudden death bit that can present these symptoms when everything else is "good"

obviously if the ski ha ever sunk it would be a good idea to insect every single accessible connector.

you can get you hands on a ecu with a coded key for a couple of hundred bucks. they are commodity items these days.

can you check for 12v at the post and perhaps at he regulator connector?

bright light inspection can help more then you think..I mean really bright light

- nobody used the ski, I was last person to use it.
    - Ski has never been jump started
    - I tried my friends ecu with his key from an 05 and it does the same thing but does not start either
    - ski was used but I had it for 2 years and never an issue, but I will not rule out maybe connector issue as you stated
    - where would I get an ECU because all I see is like 800$
    I talked to a friend who owns a business told me he would check for wires chaffed and check continuity throughout the entire ski for 300$, is there any problematic areas on these that are known to chaf? and I will check about the 12volts also thank you very much for the reponse!

+1
    I trust one of the 4-tec aficionados will check in as there may be compatibility issues between your 07 harness and the 05 ecu preventing action.

oh ok, yeah I wasn't sure and that's the only other seadoo I knew to swap with me real quick

+1
    I guess the right question to ask....

did you try starting your pals ski with your ecu?

that might determine fault. If yours ecu starts his engine, then you are looking at a wiring problem for sure.

but I suspect it may not work based on model year.

you could so some searches regarding this compatibility of model year bits during the transitional model years

you know what, I sure didn't try that, totally slipped my mind. i'll see if I can do some research to try and find out compatibility and if it works that's a good idea!

+1
    check small red wire coming from starter relay big cables that go to your fuse box. i bet you its corroded in the protective sheath.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Retro View Post
    check small red wire coming from starter relay big cables that go to your fuse box. i bet you its corroded in the protective sheath.
    + 1 Yes i would check that first too, tut the 2 red wires next the the insulation and install 2 1/4 ring terminals , very common problem.

thank you guys very much for the input, I will be checking these items on Monday and I will report back, I work 12 hour shifts and by the time I get home its dark.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information