Thread: Tips help

Tips help

Hey

Today I checked out my candoo pro and was monitoring my tps. It showed 10 when no acceleration and when I give filled acceleration it shows 88 procent max. I thought it was not good so I tried reset tps. I still got the same max value bUT now I got error code p1619 when I start the engine. When I clear the error code and start again I got the same error again. So I tried resetting the tps a few times but no effect. So the problem started after resetting tps, before I did not have any error code... please help

What year and model?

With the values you have it must be a bosh ecu.

It's complaining about the actuator, both are reset at the same time. Is the butterfly sticking? Has the throttle body been apart?

Quote Originally Posted by rinus View Post
    Hey

Today I checked out my candoo pro and was monitoring my tps. It showed 10 when no acceleration and when I give filled acceleration it shows 88 procent max. I thought it was not good so I tried reset tps. I still got the same max value bUT now I got error code p1619 when I start the engine. When I clear the error code and start again I got the same error again. So I tried resetting the tps a few times but no effect. So the problem started after resetting tps, before I did not have any error code... please help

update

its working again, i can clear the fault and its not comming back.
    i have a 2010 rxt 260 with a bosch tps

now it reads 8.8 when no acceleartion and max is 85 , if i pull the lever really hard it goes to 89...
    should the 89 not be 100 ? and should the 8.8 not be 10 ?

my second question is , i started the engine a few times without the water hose ... just for 20 seconds and a few accelerations, let it cool a few minutes and do the same again. this cant harm no? exaust temp went to 40 and motor temp 32 ...

please advise

That's more like it... The value is the Angle, not percentage, you go past 90, then your closing the hole... 85/86 is normal for the max.

The offset the ECU figured out during the rest and stored internally + the max angle = 90 deg.

Yes, you can harm it running it out of the water... It will burn up the carbon seal, and the ride plate does the cooling, so it needs to be in the water.

5. +1 by:

yeah thats what i was thinking. carbon seal was replaced 6 months ago ... but from the 3 a 4 times i started it up and triggered the throttle it will be ok i guess .
    thx for the info , really appreciate it.

so the 8.8 value is ok when no acceleration? before i got the fault code it was 10

Yes, it should be fine, if it's too far out, it will throw a fault code.

Quote Originally Posted by rinus View Post
    yeah thats what i was thinking. carbon seal was replaced 6 months ago ... but from the 3 a 4 times i started it up and triggered the throttle it will be ok i guess .
    thx for the info , really appreciate it.

so the 8.8 value is ok when no acceleration? before i got the fault code it was 10

hmm maybe u can help me with a more specific question. When i go in sharp turns or i do a bit of crazy shit like short left right corners with the ski , i go the feeling that the throttle response is not that quick is i would want it. i guess this is standard. to make this better i need a reflash?

Yes. If the rpm's are coming up and it's not going, then look at the prop/wear ring

i replaced the wear ring last month. did a test ride and it actually felt like the response was quicker. one day i will put another impeller in it , or pitch the standard one just love the ski and to work on it

Thread Information