Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil pump ultra 150....timed?

So my ultra 150 is cursed!!! Iv had a run of problems and right now am really turned off this ski!

Cut a long story short....broke one of the oil pump outlets off the pump ....so i need a new oil pump....when replacing the pump is it timed? And can you get them new from kawi?

+1
    No, it's not timed. Just line up the key in the slot and tighten the two bolts. You will have to adjust the cable for proper output, as per the manual.

The pump shows to be available new, part number 16082-3728, $260 US.

Ill take the ski of your hands , i think i have a few extra oil pumps off machines i have parted if interested.

Ok Thanks will have to source a new pump.....

Turboman are you in Australia? Im giving this ski one more chance and then you can have hit....iv replaced EVERYTHING....and always seem to have a new issue....
    Items replaced:
    Tygon oil lines
    Thru hull bearing holder
    Starter motor with later updated model
    New jet pump bearings and liner!
    Carbies cleaned and seeviced
    Engine mounts....

I mean am i missing something because you would think the ski was brand new!!!

+1
    Considering that it's 17 years old, it sounds like you've finally caught up with normal maintenance items--almost.

Have you done the Triple Pisser Mod? Inlet water strainer? Trim mod? Sealed the back of the MFD display? Replaced the oil pump cable? Primer?

No located in the states, i kmow its frustrating but looks like you have invested a good amount of time and money. Seems like your pretty close to having a flawless ski, keep going theses skis are like no other when running correctly.

I went through alot of what you went through, my first ultra was in peices second engine blown. Now i can put them together with my eyes closed such a simple machine.

When i purchased my stxr it had a total of 20hrs, at 21hrs she put a rod through the case, complete rebuild, fought with leaking thru hulls, and over heating.

Keep at it, youll respect the monster more.

+1
    Well you pretty much covered it all. Check oil and fuel cables for fraying. Only other things is trim cable rubber accordion bolt near pump and check for water in the box up front.

Have new cables,primer, pissers all done....no trim mod yet....when its running good i love it!!! So nimble would love to keep it but cant keep throwing cash at it....was thinking of upgrading to a VXR but still not sure...if i can get the ultra reliable ill hold onto it.....

+1
    You will never find another ski better. I wouldn't sell it for a few parts just takes it being setup then it's good. Take a look inside the trim motor box up front on left side. If you don't have a rubber boot on trim cable out back water can seep up the cable jacket to the box and rust out the motor. I would make sure trim box is free of moisture and put a boot on the cable near pump then ride it.

Got the new oil pump today....going to fit it up over the weekend and see how it goes....just a question whats the best method to bleed the oil system
    ...i will be pre filling all the lines with oil....but whats the best way to bleed the pump?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information