+1

300x stock electric trim modified

i am in the process of doing a conversion build putting a turbo yamaha 1.8 liter in to an ultra hull, but i am using the original yamaha electronics. i love options and experimentation. i have been unable to get the appropriate wiring diagrams, so i may have to buy a manual.

i have the 300x electrical trim box and bar switch. original thought was just connect it to 12vand use the switch for up and down.
    the start and stop buttons will splice right in and take place of the factory yamaha one. the trim switch communication with the actuator is where my task starts.

reading further it looks like there is also a one touch return to center command. holding the button moves the actuator and then a tap in the opposite direction it brings the nozzle back to center or neutral trim. since i have no gauge to show position i thought this might be helpful.

i need to know how the switch communicates with the actuator. does it run to the main harness and through the ecu or are all the electronic for the trim system in the trim box? will i need the ecu for the one touch return to center command?

i would like to know where my nozzle is, so my two thoughts are get the return to center command to work or take the signal output from the box that goes to the dash gauge connect it to another gauge that has same max min values and just watch the gauge. or both!!!

anyone have any corrections, ideas or experience with the kawi trim i would appreciate any input.

+1
    yes it looks like both the actuator box and the switch run to the harness with no direct connections to each other. health is getting worse so probably not racing any more just always wanted to build the custom ski of my dreams. and i do have a little issue where i like to do things people say can't be done or is too hard. that does not mean i am always successful but when i am it feels great. i did retro fit a yamaha twist grip trim to my 07 ultra with a drop nozzle on lever and it worked great with some cable stretch but still functional and beneficial. i have never ridden anything on the water that could not benefit from trim, and i personally love the ability to trim for water conditions, load, ect.... yes stock yamaha harness with motec ecu. inputs and outputs are pretty much all taken up now. thank you any info on the wiring harness would be appreciated. thanks

+1
    well, got ripped off on the kawi box, not functioning too corroded! thought maybe go yamaha new trim but only one around and they want too much, so no. even then have to wire separately. i keep getting ripped off. been building ski for over 5 years, now new skis are out that will rival this very expensive build and i still won't have what i want or what i paid for. don't trust anyone, do everything yourself, like i used to and will be doing again from now on. thats my rant for today, haha
    Last edited by born riding; 01-18-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: forgot

+1
    just wanted to show what my disappointment was caused by.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NCM_0387.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	405723  

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I went though this a while back looking for a standalone control scheme and like Mike said it goes through the ecu.

Controlling it is fairly straightforward with an analog circuit but you would lose the self centering feature and the limits without redoing a controller of some sort.

Sean

Thread Information