Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Bummer. I spent a lot of time reading this thread. Damn I was bored.

I'm in the market for a 4-stroke. Thinking kawi or Yamaha. But my '99 Polaris 785 pro will always be my baby. It's irreplaceable .....

OP GPR123, fix the thing and ride it like you stole it.... The smile on your face will be from ear to ear regardless of how many effing strokes the engine does.....

You haven't ridden any type of "race worthy" boat until you've gotten time on a 785... See what I did there?

My 785, well She's in pieces ATM, so I'll kindly retreat..... At least I have the SLX (480.3 on the top end) for tricks and laughing at skies 10+ years newer.....

Fun ='s money. Whether it be fuel, oil, maintenance, repairs. It's kinda really up to you to follow through with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4075.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	451600  
    Last edited by LessEGR; 08-01-2019 at 12:53 AM.

+1
    That's how I feel about my GPR...its irreplaceable....priceless....my go-to partner in crime. I love its smell, its feel...its wobbly shimmy as it comes up on plane. Once GP123 sees the tach of his GPR hit 7300, he will be sold on it.

+1
    good morning, i see lots of people have been advocating for the 2 stroke experience. after reading these forums a few months thats why i went the same route. I have an older wave venture i got from my brother, i have never worked on any kind of machine before.... after reading the forums i removed, cleaned and rebuilt (and synched as best i could) the triple carbs in less than a week. i don't think this type of self maintenance is possible with a 4 stroke for someone without a lot of experience. he also talks about superchargers.... from what i have seen the cheapest to get them rebuilt is 500$ without shipping so probably 600$ beside oil changes, fuel , filters plugs and other maintenance is like 1000$ a year. and must be done every 100 hours or two years! add that into the 10K+ used price of the gp1800 comes out to a ton of money.

i now currently own a gp1300r i got for 3000 with under a hundred hours. put a grand into it for stage 2 and boom im close to 70 for 4k. U FIND ME A NICE gp1800 RXPX or ultra310 FOR 4K ILL BUY IT! not possible with a 4 stroke. im buying a JS550. after looking inside the kawi, two cylinder, single carb! what could be more simple than that. watch a few youtube videos you can take that thing down to the nuts and bolts and put it back together super cheap with used parts from this site and ebay. thats literally not possible for someone like me with a 4stroke. and the feeling you get of working with your hands and figuring out how it all works inside, theres nothing like it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information