Water in hull help!!!

Hello I have a 06 fx ho cruiser and notice just a bit of water in the hull before I launch into the water... didn't pay it no mind i went for a ride then after just leaving it sitting in the water tied to my friend ski it was more water inside of hull had to quickly go to shore and have it drained.

When I first launch I rode with the seats off and didn't notice anything so I taught it was find. Where can water possibly getting into the hull?? Could it be the pump hosing in the rear of the craft?

Thanks
    Rotando

+1
    Disconnect the battery then tilt up the ski on the trailer and fill her up to the back of the engine with water from the hose leave it for half an hour to see if its coming out anywhere.

3. +1 by:

MJE

+1
    Smoke's said it best...but keep in mind, sometimes leaks are only through pressure...and it could be pressure from the displacement of the ski in the water which triggers the leak(s). Be sure to use one of those mirrors from Autozone and look around your pump shoe from the inside...and look on the bottom for any cracks. I have some 06 skis as well...and dry-rot will soon be an issue on a few simple and cheap to replace parts. Previously I've found leaks around my pump shoe coming loose from the greenish glue that holds it to the hull (the brackets anyways)...I ended up replacing those because they are a common failure.

Beyond all of that...if the leak isnt too bad you could always wire a new bilge pump that automatically turns on when water sensor is lifted or touched depending on the type. You would most likely have to go direct to the positive on your battery as I believe that the ski being off eventually kills that temporary circuit that powers the bilge.

The ride plate brackets could also be an issue as they commonly fail (especially for those who change plates on the regular or re-shim based on riding conditions.

They also sell some drain plug units that will get the ski relatively dry (you only need one)...it works while your under way. I cannot recall the name though. The hulk store has them last I checked.

5. +1 by:

+1
    the plugs are called versi-plugs

+1
    flush it on the trailer with good hose pressure and look around the black joiner where the waterbox meets the exhaust manifold for a leak. sometimes the waterbox slides back but usually the motor cuts out because its breathing exhaust gas but could be a small leak and really only notice it when its running in the water.

8. +1 by:

+1
    +1 on the ride plate brackets. sit the ski in shallow water and check round the bolts in the back where theres a little glue. You should notice if waters coming in.

Filled it with water and tilted hull water is leaking through the rear step ladder where it is attach to the hull and by the intake grate.

whats next some silicone to patch or what is the best option you all recommend?

thanks for the input
    Rotando

+1
    Spray the bolts good with wd40 and make soak for an hour then remove them without breaking them and remove the ladder. Clean everything good put 5200 and bolt back on and allow it to dry. Maybe a good time to clean your bilge pump and make sure it's working properly.

Or you can bring it to me just make sure you don't wring off those bolts when you remove them use plenty wd40 and leave them if they won't move then go to plan b.
    Last edited by Smokes; 01-09-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks for your input much appreciated

Thread Information