+1

Best D.I.Y. Gelcoat repair for 2016 RXT

Couldnt find anything thru a search for current model year hull repair...i have a few gouges in the gelcoat , but no fiberglass damage ...this is on the bottom of the ski so im not too concerned about color match.i just want to prevent any future damage to fiberglass...the largest gouge is about 2 inches long and a quarter inch wide...

+1
    Gelcote Intl. They sell OEM color matched SeaDoo kits for like 40 bucks that come with everything you need for a scratch that small.

+1
    I got a kit for my wifes 2015 GTI from Spectrum, they were the only place that had the Manta Green. You could http://www.spectrumcolor.com/Items.a...y=advsearchtry them too
    Last edited by moparguy; 01-04-2017 at 05:25 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    I got a kit for my wifes 2015 GTI from Spectrum, they were the only place that had the Manta Green. You could http://www.spectrumcolor.com/Items.a...y=advsearchtry them too
    The Spectrum site says the product is for 2005 - 2013 seadoos....is the 2016 hull made of a different type of gelcoat...i tried calling them but they were closed

+1
    If you are not concerned about matching, just use MarineTex (white or gray). It's 2-part (epoxy) and as thick as toothpaste so won't drip or sag when using upside-down. It can be sanded smooth if needed. Actually, any epoxy will work to seal scratch (even JB Weld).

These new skis have epoxy gelcoat on bottom and polyester gelcoat top. If you use standard polyester type gelcoat on bottom, its not ideal but make sure you give it plenty of "tooth" (sanding prep).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    The Spectrum site says the product is for 2005 - 2013 seadoos....is the 2016 hull made of a different type of gelcoat...i tried calling them but they were closed
    I had to call them too, but they had it instock and I had it at my door in two days.

+1
    Im going to give spectrum a try but will have to wait for warmer weather...my ski is stored in my non heated garage...

+1
    I bought the Gelcote kit...it's currently sitting in my laundry room. Too cold to mess with the ski and too much other stuff to take care of. If I do it soon, I will post the results.

+1
    Go with the Gelcote kit... Like, really, dont screw around, use the OEM kit. That's what its there for. They make the exact match for your ski.

I have used their product many times on peoples skis, and you cant tell the difference.

I even have my Lava Red (rorange) kit waiting to go on mine when it gets warmer. Thanks to a particularly careless bass boater.

Thread Information