Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsprinkles View Post
    Do you have a link for the bolts you used? Also where did you make that post?
    The post is on this forum somewhere. Search by my posts and titanium if you can. I have a LOT of posts. I know it’s even mentioned in my build about using Ti.

I don’t remember the sizes of the bolts but Pro Bolts equivalent is 10.9 in Ti. I even had the response from their metallurgist on the matter.

+1
    almost all ARP flywheel bolts I have seen have been a standard LS1 camshaft bolt, which is not intended to be used as a flywheel bolt spinning at 8500+ rpm, even ARP knows this and they have been very clear that they should not be used as a flywheel bolt in our applications. If you want a bolt that's going to hold up your going to have to contact ARP and tell them what you need and what its being used for and they can make you a custom set, that's what I do/did...its not cheap but it will last.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    almost all ARP flywheel bolts I have seen have been a standard LS1 camshaft bolt, which is not intended to be used as a flywheel bolt spinning at 8500+ rpm, even ARP knows this and they have been very clear that they should not be used as a flywheel bolt in our applications. If you want a bolt that's going to hold up your going to have to contact ARP and tell them what you need and what its being used for and they can make you a custom set, that's what I do/did...its not cheap but it will last.
    Yeah, i keep seeing a bunch of people saying one thing, and others claiming the complete opposite. I know everyone has a slightly different setup, but this seems like a fairly simple thing to figure out..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsprinkles View Post
    Yeah, i keep seeing a bunch of people saying one thing, and others claiming the complete opposite. I know everyone has a slightly different setup, but this seems like a fairly simple thing to figure out..
    You’d think right? BRP used A2 stainless in the flywheel in 05.

+1
    Is there something better that you can grab off the shelve? I have my stuff apart and already have arp which I was planning on reusing but if there's something even better out there...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Is there something better that you can grab off the shelve? I have my stuff apart and already have arp which I was planning on reusing but if there's something even better out there...
    Agreed. That is all im looking for at the moment..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    What specs did you send to ARP?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    The stock flywheel bolts are 10mm flange bolts rated at 10.9. Try finding the same bolt rated at 12.9. If you find them, make sure they are the same length or slightly shorter. Bolts that are too long WILL damage the engine!

12.9 high tensile bolts you can buy them from anywhere

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha-Fx17 View Post
    12.9 high tensile bolts you can buy them from anywhere
    Are they Flange bolts?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information