Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Karavan Factory, Any one in the forums lives near here?

Hi, I'm looking for some one who lives near the Karavan Trailers Company in WI. Need and axle for an Icatch trailer but need some one to remove the hubs and ship it apart in order to make it USPS deliverable. (weight and size will be doable this way ) any one, please contact me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zpeedray View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for some one who lives near the Karavan Trailers Company in WI. Need and axle for an Icatch trailer but need some one to remove the hubs and ship it apart in order to make it USPS deliverable. (weight and size will be doable this way ) any one, please contact me.

Is the axle made by Karavan? I had to buy one and the hubs are pre installed, not sure taking them off is a good idea. There where no replacements parts for that axle...really sucked buying an axle for 600 plus.

I recently replaced the axle and bearings in my Karavan trailer. Drove to my local tools and equipment shop (Northern Tools and equipment). Took with me the measurements of the axle and bearings. I just rebuilt the hub inside since the outside was in good condition but they had several hubs in stock, just wanted to save me some $$$. Purchased the bearings the same day and ordered the axle along with new U-bolts and where here within a week. Can't remember the exact prices but the u-bolts where around 15$, axle was roughly 65-75$, Grease 5$, and bearings where 10-15$. Saved me some big money and took me about 2 hours to install it all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltAddict View Post
    I recently replaced the axle and bearings in my Karavan trailer. Drove to my local tools and equipment shop (Northern Tools and equipment). Took with me the measurements of the axle and bearings. I just rebuilt the hub inside since the outside was in good condition but they had several hubs in stock, just wanted to save me some $$$. Purchased the bearings the same day and ordered the axle along with new U-bolts and where here within a week. Can't remember the exact prices but the u-bolts where around 15$, axle was roughly 65-75$, Grease 5$, and bearings where 10-15$. Saved me some big money and took me about 2 hours to install it all.
    Was that an Icatch? I remember looking for the U bolts awhile back and they were some weird size and were pretty expensive.

A Karavan. But search up the manufacture, there should be all the dimensions/specifications

+1
    I might be missing something here, but you should be able to take it to any trailer shop and have it repaired. All the axle stuff is industry standardized equipment.

It is. But if you do It yourself you are going to save couple hundred $

In parts it shouldnt be more then 150$

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I might be missing something here, but you should be able to take it to any trailer shop and have it repaired. All the axle stuff is industry standardized equipment.
    If it has "sealed bearings", you should review this thread:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184393

+1
    well then screw Karavan. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Gonna have to check mine for this 'Knott bearing' If I find one I'm 'not' gonna be happy.

Comedy gold, i know.

But one should still be able to call a parts distributor and order them. The part number is on the bearing.

Just make some phone calls. If its like anything else, you just have them pressed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information