Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Sea Doo 300's... Whats the latest scoop on them??

So I held off on the 16's to see what they would do with the 17's. I want to know if they have changed anything on the 300's... yes anything and everything! I'm completely confused with the supercharger deal. Something about they changed the wheel on it and their was a possible recall, is that true?? I read somewhere else that their was something with the software. Not sure what they meant by that... is it hanging up? If it hangs up what happens, is that an easy fix and how is it solved. Also have the 300's proved them self as reliable? What are some common problems if they have any? Just looking for answers because I plan on buying a rxp x 300.

+1
    Go over all the hose clamps to make sure they're all secure. Good to go.

+1
    You have to make sure the clamps on the heat exchanger are in the correct placement as well. They could be tight but the hose and clamp will come right off the end of the pipe. There is a little hump you can feel on the pipe, make sure the hose clamp is on the other side of that humo closer to the core. I had one clamp not ever tightened on my IC. Check every clamp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERCOASTAL BOB View Post
    Do a search and you will see it would be prudent to wait another year and not be another BRP test dummy . The most recent event of the reverse bucket dropping and causing injury to the driver alone should make you want to wait . None of the problems are such that they can't be over come but the important thing is that you not own a pwc that's not right yet .
    I suspect far more people have hurt themselves totally unrelated to that freak IBR failure. It's a shame that owner went into legal mode right away else we'd probably know a lot more. That is the only catastrophic IBR failure I've heard off. Other have failed but not at speed thankfully. Seadoo did do something in the software to improve some aspect of reliability. I have no idea what that was but I watched the Tech flash both my skis and they both got updates to the IBR, cluster and ECU. Yes the IBR has it's own ECU and can be updated. Anyone who's not staying current with the firmware updates is not smart in my opinion. Especially in this first year. I wouldn't shy away from 2016 if a deal was to be had, exact same ski for 2017 and I suspect for another couple of years minus some color changes. Just make sure all the recalls have been done. When they plug in your VIN they know exactly what has been done and the buds 2 will also tell them when they connect it up if any firmware updates need to be done.

+1
    I heard about the reverse gate but I've only heard of that happening once. The bolt broke and that seems like it could be just a freak accident. Also replacing a bolt is an easy fix.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I suspect far more people have hurt themselves totally unrelated to that freak IBR failure. It's a shame that owner went into legal mode right away else we'd probably know a lot more. That is the only catastrophic IBR failure I've heard off. Other have failed but not at speed thankfully. Seadoo did do something in the software to improve some aspect of reliability. I have no idea what that was but I watched the Tech flash both my skis and they both got updates to the IBR, cluster and ECU. Yes the IBR has it's own ECU and can be updated. Anyone who's not staying current with the firmware updates is not smart in my opinion. Especially in this first year. I wouldn't shy away from 2016 if a deal was to be had, exact same ski for 2017 and I suspect for another couple of years minus some color changes. Just make sure all the recalls have been done. When they plug in your VIN they know exactly what has been done and the buds 2 will also tell them when they connect it up if any firmware updates need to be done.
    So if I buy a new one and it's a late production rxp, when its uncrated they will do software updates to it. Another question do the late productions have to have the supercharger wheel replaced?

The tech bulletin listed serial numbers on early run units with potential SC failures. Our july purchased 300 was outside affected units. Any units for 16 dealers have must be late production. There was talk of 2017 units backing off boost 1 psi. Some simple mods on these machines and they are full race boat ready.

+1
    I also read that their was a head bolt problem. Is that only on early production also. When I buy my rxp and its getting setup the dealer will flash my ecu and ibr. I have heard of a few people's software getting hung up at the end of break in period. Does the dealer just reflash and update the ski when that happens?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERCOASTAL BOB View Post
    These bulitans and one problem after another have been happening over a year now one mishap after the next so more may be to come . The 3 year free warranty I got from BRP for my GTI will run out in 10/2018 and I bet they may have a good GTR 230 for me then . Also I went a few weeks ago just to see one of these 300 pwc's and they told me their in storage in the box they came in until next spring. So just how old is that PWC and is it one the dealer will have to fix would be something that might worry me .
    There's two dealers that I have called but not sure who I want to go through. One dealer has one rxp 300 left that was delivered in July if I remember correctly. The other has three rxp 300's left. The salesman made it sound like he sold most of the rxp's so he had a few sent in late summer. He didn't tell me what month it was. I have the vins for them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner808 View Post
    So if I buy a new one and it's a late production rxp, when its uncrated they will do software updates to it. Another question do the late productions have to have the supercharger wheel replaced?
    They should. I would make a list of your concerns and have them at the time of purchase. Regardless of what they say for any model ever, check/snug the clamps then check again after a few rides. If it's a later production date I suspect you'll have less to catch up on. If you get the ski up to date and don't let a failure happen you should be fine. It's just once you start having issues it seems to spiral a bit depending how competent your dealer is. I have a first batch early TX300 and PX300 both have had all the updates done and are both fine, but I was very diligent about getting everything done soon as I knew about it. 87 hrs on px300 and 37 on tx300 no issues.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information