Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2016 VXR - Looking to buy near Chicago

Hello all

I'm new to the forum, looking for a leftover 2016 vxr or maybe a slightly used one with warranty(2015/16) but can't give up on the white/red color ( just love it )

Found a used one with 11 hrs on it with YES warranty till 7-1-18 in Michigan but they won't budge from $9499 asking price , always thought dealers are desperate to sell the last few days of the year but apparently these guys aren't

Also considered a leftover of the supercharged ski's but don't wanna deal with problems after warranty expires as i keep my vehicles/toys until they fall apart

Btw, i'm located in Chicagoland and ready to buy anytime

All help/suggestions appreciated

+1
    Others may have different opinions, and you may find a more motivated dealer/seller, but keep in mind that we are in boat show season soon. The hottest time for dealers to move inventory in this area (I am from Chicago but live in Minneapolis) is from very late Jan through late May. Dealers all get really busy in a few weeks from now. They want inventory and once the boat show specials and rebates kick-in, stuff starts to sell.

If I had to guess, that machine will get discounted a bit soon....or free trailer, or better warranty....whatever Yamaha has going. THEN, you run the risk, of course, of someone else buying it. But, you will also see a lot more dealers listing inventory too.

If sales are hot during the boat show season, expect prices to go up once over. If sales suck, they tend to extend those deals and sometimes for a long time.

IMO, though, the very best time to shop will start in a few weeks. You will get the best combination of inventory and pricing.

I think I paid 11k for my 2016 VX HO (almost the same machine as the one you want), but it came with a 5 year warranty and a trailer at that price.

Do you think i can get a better deal if i wait a few weeks ? i was thinking about negotiating on one of the skis at the show in Jan but not sure if i can do better or worse, it'll be 2017 ski not a 16 , it's a hard decision , all i know is that i wanna buy as low as i can , will need to buy a trailer and that's another $600-800 bucks

+1
    Ok...if it's a 2017, that's all together different. Why? Because dealers won't likely run out.

You need to find out if Yamaha has started the boat show specials yet in your region. As soon as they do that, it won't matter much. However, you will likely see a difference of a few hundred bucks from dealer to dealer. Be SURE to ask about freight and setup charges....always ask for a "water ready price" which is usually all in less tax. Your trailer estimate is low for a new one. Also, some are better than others.

At the minneapolis boat show, there are about four Yamaha dealers. Once they know you are a serious buyer, you can start pitting one against the other. I assume it's much the same in Chicago. All you need is about a 500 deposit to order. You don't pay until you get it.

+1
    If I had to guess, you will be around 13k all in...probably high 12s to high 13s. That's tax, title, delivery, cover, tags, trailer.

ALSO, warranty is another variable and often boat show deals add extra years.

As a comparison, I was at my dealer today. He has a 2016 left over VX Delux. 2k under list at 8500. It's about 11k out the door with trailer and extended warranty.

I had crotch rockets and atv's before and always shopped for OTD price, now i'm talking to a stealer in WI and they offer $9999 , set up included, all i would pay is the tax and reg in IL but it's a different color , single place triton alum trailer $799 if i decide to get it from them, would have to see it in writing to make sure it is what they say
    I was hoping to be under $12K all in

+1
    I live in WI. What dealer is it? PM me if you prefer. I am getting you a quote too from my guy.

if it were me, I would certainly ask for a BOS prior to making the drive.

whats your time frame? Where do you live in IL?

Yamaha of Port Washington, also talking to Vern Eide in Sioux Falls SD (white/red color), they offered same deal but are much farther away from me
    I'm in Glenview IL

+1
    Ok...you are not too far from WI, but a HAUL from SD.

im the twin cities, St. Boni Powersports and River valley are the biggest dealers. My dealer is small, but I use them because they are local and the owners kids go to my kids school. I have an email into him.

i too am shopping for a machine so I did call St Boni.

They dont have boat show pricing on any Yamaha products yet. So, everything right now is list, including freight and a 4 year warranty. They are taking deposits and then will honor the boat show incentives once released. If I had to guess, I would estimate 500 off list.....maybe a 1000. Really hard to say. They are discounting all the new EX models by 100 bucks, but again, boat show pricing will dictate. He thinks 2 to 3 weeks.

i think the four year warranty is worth 900 bucks or so and makes it a total of 5 years.

Even with the boat show discount i won't be able to beat one of these deals, will see how it plays out as i'm pushing for lower price

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information