Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    R X P X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    89
    +1
    15

    To cam or not to cam?

    what is everyones thought on this or cams like this in 2013 rxpx? what are the pros, cons, good, bad and ugly?

    r&d r6 rune with injectors 9000 rev limit
    et 137 +4 and all the mods to compliment this
    currently run low 80's for mph

    plan on putting L13 cone and commader v and wideband 2 on this winter...should I add the cam while I have it apart? Is it worth it?





    RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam



    zoom image <a href="http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&amp;pID=2514&amp;z enid=4ltmpmqgicostmm3aelpr2ppo4" target="_blank"><img itemprop="image" src="images/rs19050_bcs_141.jpg" alt="RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam" title=" RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam " width="180" height="115" /><br /><span class="imgLink">zoom image</span></a>

    • Model: RS19050-BCS-141
    $1,299.95

    Adds 12 peak horsepower and increased torque throughout the rpm range. High strength billet racing cam is precision ground from 8620 billet steel and heat treated for maximum strength. Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration and reduced valve train & cam chain fatigue. Requires appropriate ECU calibration for proper fueling. Features Include:
    Delivers 12 peak HP and better acceleration.
    Increased material strength for added reliability.
    Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration & reduced wear.


  2. #2
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,396
    +1
    691
    Wow surprised they don't ask for your first born along with that price

  3. #3
    R X P X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    89
    +1
    15
    right! my first born is 22....they would bring her back.. haha

  4. #4
    connorrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    921
    +1
    132
    I wonder how that cam stacks up against reground cams, pretty sure they are like 300$

  5. #5
    WICKEDSEADOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SO CAL
    Posts
    1,001
    +1
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by R X P X View Post
    what is everyones thought on this or cams like this in 2013 rxpx? what are the pros, cons, good, bad and ugly?

    r&d r6 rune with injectors 9000 rev limit
    et 137 +4 and all the mods to compliment this
    currently run low 80's for mph

    plan on putting L13 cone and commader v and wideband 2 on this winter...should I add the cam while I have it apart? Is it worth it?





    RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam



    zoom image <a href="http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&amp;pID=2514&amp;z enid=4ltmpmqgicostmm3aelpr2ppo4" target="_blank"><img itemprop="image" src="images/rs19050_bcs_141.jpg" alt="RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam" title=" RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam " width="180" height="115" /><br /><span class="imgLink">zoom image</span></a>

    • Model: RS19050-BCS-141
    $1,299.95

    Adds 12 peak horsepower and increased torque throughout the rpm range. High strength billet racing cam is precision ground from 8620 billet steel and heat treated for maximum strength. Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration and reduced valve train & cam chain fatigue. Requires appropriate ECU calibration for proper fueling. Features Include:
    Delivers 12 peak HP and better acceleration.
    Increased material strength for added reliability.
    Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration & reduced wear.
    hey im in your default pic from seadoo owners ride, I would drop cam in it for sure.

  6. #6
    R X P X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    89
    +1
    15
    it sure was a fun ride!

  7. #7
    planiack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Punta Gorda
    Posts
    181
    +1
    1

    Thoughts on the cam

    Quote Originally Posted by R X P X View Post
    what is everyones thought on this or cams like this in 2013 rxpx? what are the pros, cons, good, bad and ugly?

    r&d r6 rune with injectors 9000 rev limit
    et 137 +4 and all the mods to compliment this
    currently run low 80's for mph

    plan on putting L13 cone and commader v and wideband 2 on this winter...should I add the cam while I have it apart? Is it worth it?





    RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam



    zoom image <a href="http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&amp;pID=2514&amp;z enid=4ltmpmqgicostmm3aelpr2ppo4" target="_blank"><img itemprop="image" src="images/rs19050_bcs_141.jpg" alt="RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam" title=" RIVA/Web Cam Billet Sea-Doo Racing Cam " width="180" height="115" /><br /><span class="imgLink">zoom image</span></a>

    • Model: RS19050-BCS-141
    $1,299.95

    Adds 12 peak horsepower and increased torque throughout the rpm range. High strength billet racing cam is precision ground from 8620 billet steel and heat treated for maximum strength. Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration and reduced valve train & cam chain fatigue. Requires appropriate ECU calibration for proper fueling. Features Include:
    Delivers 12 peak HP and better acceleration.
    Increased material strength for added reliability.
    Lighter than OEM cam for quicker acceleration & reduced wear.
    I do not see any lift, duration or overlap specs to be able to compare it to stock or what you may be running right now.
    Easy to make statements of 12 HP. I would believe that is with a stock engine and after the tune.

  8. #8
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,060
    +1
    679
    Holy shit that price! I wouldn't consider it unless you like pissing money away.

  9. #9
    R X P X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    89
    +1
    15
    what are other options? I am not the first one to want to do a cam...what have others done?


    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Holy shit that price! I wouldn't consider it unless you like pissing money away.

  10. #10
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,060
    +1
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by R X P X View Post
    what are other options? I am not the first one to want to do a cam...what have others done?
    Find a member called Race Jace. His name is Jason and he’s from rapid cams. Billet is nice but a regrind will do it. Might want to ask Chris as well (Slow91)

  11. +1 by:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. to wrap or not to wrap?
    By watermedic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
  2. to wedge or not to wedge...
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 06:51 AM
  3. To mod or not to mod?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
  4. install BOV or nOt to Install it
    By TroyRXP15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 08:27 PM
  5. To wedge or not to wedge
    By Phil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •