Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxp 300- what impeller pitch

Im planning on doing a few mods that does not void the warranty. My goal is to stay as close to the rpm limit as possible without a tune. I will be getting the stage 1 kit, catch can, SS wear ring and a rear exit exhaust. I'll also rip out the flame arrestor and get a couple of vent holes. The question i have is, what pitch does the impeller have to be to get the maximum rpm whilst staying under the rpm limiter? Is the solas 13/18 a good choice?

It's pretty cold where i live so the temperature will be all from 5-25 max degrees celsius, average temp i ride in should be around 15 degrees.

+1
    Rear exit exhaust and IMUK techincally will void the warranty. BRP isnt too fond of 3" holes in the transom.

+1
    Fuck Solas.

+1
    The rear exhaust should not void warranty. The intake manifold upgrade might but it would be who's your dealer. The solas 13/18 is awesome just put in today 80 with 3/4 tank. Max rpm was 8350. No pitch. With pitch I can probably get 8650.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I spoke to 3 dealers up here and all 3 said thru hull exhaust voids hull warranty, so i went with the Riva free flow. Nice and loud and can be switched back to stock easily if need be

I know the daily leader at the dealership, they're not very strict at what voids the warranty or not. For example if theres a problem with the engine, a rear exhaust wont void the warranty. They're reasonable.

8. +1 by:

+1
    A rear exhaust will not void your warranty. If a dealer is telling you it will then they are just using scare tactics and/or they are clueless.
    At most, they could deny hull warranty. For example, if the hull started cracking from the edge of the hole you drilled for the exhaust (i have never seen that happen)

They cannot deny engine warranty, any electrical failure such as IBR, a bad dash, etc.

They would have to prove that the modification caused the failure (magnuson moss warranty act)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickspark View Post
    Im planning on doing a few mods that does not void the warranty. My goal is to stay as close to the rpm limit as possible without a tune. I will be getting the stage 1 kit, catch can, SS wear ring and a rear exit exhaust. I'll also rip out the flame arrestor and get a couple of vent holes. The question i have is, what pitch does the impeller have to be to get the maximum rpm whilst staying under the rpm limiter? Is the solas 13/18 a good choice?

It's pretty cold where i live so the temperature will be all from 5-25 max degrees celsius, average temp i ride in should be around 15 degrees.

With your mods the second batch Solas 13/18R impeller is your best choice! There were issues with the first batch. The impellers sold in the forums store are all second batch impellers. Use the greenhulk discount code and save $33 off the listed price

RIVA/Solas Sea-Doo Concord 13/18R 161mm Impeller - 300 HP Skis

161mm Impeller used on Sea-Doo 300 HP skis. Solas Concord Impellers increase low-end thrust and top-end speed. Constructed of high strength...
    SX-CD-13/18R $329.95

+1
    Go with 13/18r. The rpm limiter doesn't matter if you are staying stock ecu and no flash. In that case you'd want to max your rpms out on a stock machine to get your money's worth.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickspark View Post

Stock prop works great if you have it professionally tuned. Once you do all your mods and no where you want to be RPM wise, you can have it adjusted to hit your target RPM. Keep in mind it will never be perfect. I swing over 400rpm from summer to winter conditions...but that's Florida for you. It's pretty easy to bring the RPM's down and pickup 1mph or so with a Lucky 13 cone if your on the limiter. I'm mixed on the stainless ring...especially if your going to do the 13/18. That prop is thinner and all props flex a bit. I've had 3 stainless rings with various props and all of the props get beat up a bit on the edges...I assume from cavitation burn. If your in area with lots of junk in the water and your loosing rings then I'd go for it otherwise I'd leave the stock one alone.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information