Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

The ultimate protection for your Ski, bike, boat, and ATV - Ceramic Coat it!

The very first thing I did my new GP1800 was ceramic coat it. I previously had this product made by Velocity Visions applied to my car and I fell in love with it. So i then applied it to my boat and other skis. In fact, I loved it so much I convinced Velocity Visions to make up a smaller kits for PWC's of which are now complete and shipping daily. Watch the videos below. This stuff is amazing! These are now on sale at an introductory price from now until the 1st of the year!

Product Image Item Name- Model Price
    Velocity Visions Powersports Ceramic Coating Kit

Pre order now at an introductory price. These kits are scheduled to ship by December 16 This Powersports kit comes complete with everything you need...
    VV-Powersports $79.99 $69.95
    13% discount

You've probably seen ceramic coating used before in automotive applications. It's easy to apply and creates a hard clear coat finish. It's 10 times harder than any automotive clear coat which makes it extremely scratch resistant and the best thing about it is it's hydrophobic. Water literally bounces off of it when sprayed which makes your ski super easy to clean. One application will last 2-3 years.

Here's a quick video I made showing the water bouncing off my new GP1800

here's another video of me telling all about the product and demonstrations showing how water just runs off instantly from my skis, boat and car. Good stuff!

Attached are some picturs showing what comes with the kit. Check out the shine this stuff produces
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	403941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skis.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	403942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VV3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	403944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VV2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	403945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VV1.jpg 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	403946  

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

what about wash after use? does it come off when washing with soap??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    what about wash after use? does it come off when washing with soap??
    The only way to remove a ceramic coating is to use a very heavy cutting compound or sand it off.

+1
    I don't see it for a ski...I need more convincing that it's worth it. I mean if I have to spray it with special sauce everytime I come in what's the point. If it's rinse no wipe then I'm sold. Never really thought I had an issue. I use eagle one nano wax on my cars and only wash them if they get muddy and there are zero swirls in the clear coat on my Nissan GT-R and I've washed maybe 5 times in 3 years. But I have seen some crazy demos of ceramic coatings at car shows. I know it works but it's pricey. They wanted like 2k or so to do my car.

+1
    As a bonafide detailer, I can assure everyone out there that applying a coating to your ski is one of the best investments you can make. It does much more than impart a hydophobic layer.

Coatings are exactly what the name implies - a coating. Traditional waxes and sealants adhere chemically to a vehicle's surface and provide anywhere from .01 to .02 mils of protection. They do very little to nothing to prevent scratches, and even their UV resistance is limited. Coatings are a resin that permanently adhere to the surface (permanent in theory - they're still subject to damage from debris, elements, UV, etc. - the same as paint) You're also talking about doubling the coverage.... .04 mils or more - and many can be layered. Yes, each layer adds another .04 mils of protection.

So let's say you smack into a dock inadvertently...with a traditional wax or sealant, it still reaches the clear coat and gouges the paint. With a coating, it acts as a sacrificial barrier. Instead of scratching your paint, you scratch the coating. Polish away, and you're back to new. Correcting a scratch in clear coat? You accomplish that by abrading away the surrounding clear coat to make it level with the paint. You can only do that so many times until you're out of clear coat.

I can't personally attest to the product that will be sold on the store here as I've never used it, but coatings do NOT need to be expensive to be incredible. Yes, you could spend money for CQuartz with me and I will professionally apply it with infrared and charge you a fortune. I'll admit, it's durability is superior to most coatings....but is it worth it? No. Why? Because inevitably it will be scratched over time...then you'll be polishing it away and applying a new coating.

The key to being satisfied with the product of your choosing is preparation. It MUST be defect-free before you apply it. In fact, if you're not familiar with paint correction, I would have to strongly suggest you take it to a reputable local detailer to have them ensure the paint is unblemished before application. On a PWC, it will NOT be expensive, and it will be worth it. The surface must have NO oil, residue, waxes, or sealants. Use 90% Isoproyl Alcohol diluted to a 4:1 ratio to ensure you've removed all traces.

Try it once....and you'll be a convert. I can't sing more praises upon the stuff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I don't see it for a ski...I need more convincing that it's worth it. I mean if I have to spray it with special sauce everytime I come in what's the point. If it's rinse no wipe then I'm sold. Never really thought I had an issue. I use eagle one nano wax on my cars and only wash them if they get muddy and there are zero swirls in the clear coat on my Nissan GT-R and I've washed maybe 5 times in 3 years. But I have seen some crazy demos of ceramic coatings at car shows. I know it works but it's pricey. They wanted like 2k or so to do my car.
    You should look again at pricing for the coating. The prices have dropped substantially over the past few years. If your GT-R is genuinely defect-free (which I have to admit, I'm dubious - I always find blemishes even in the nicest of vehicles...my own included) then it's no longer all that expensive of an ordeal.

Last year? My minimum price for a detail with coating was about $799

This year? I just did a new Hellcat for $225.00. It only needed a mild polish to remove some swirls...probably similar to what you would need. I used Wolfgang Uber Ceramic on it.

Name:	Hellcat21.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	403937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hellcat 2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	403938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hellcat 3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	403939  

+1
    I don't see it for a ski...I need more convincing that it's worth it.
    This is because it works best with "paint" and SeaDoo uses gelcoat. The Yamaha is paint.

When ours (seadoo) get hazy/cloudy/scratched, we just wetsand and its like brand new again. These types of coating make sense on painted skis IMO.

+1
    Does it prevent water spots? On the black doo those suckers creep up on you if you don't wash after every ride (freshwater).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    I don't see it for a ski...I need more convincing that it's worth it.
    This is because it works best with "paint" and SeaDoo uses gelcoat. The Yamaha is paint.

When ours (seadoo) get hazy/cloudy/scratched, we just wetsand and its like brand new again. These types of coating make sense on painted skis IMO.
    All the more reason to use it on your black gelcoat Seadoo. It will prevent it from getting hazy/cloudy and it offers scratch protection.

My boat is black gelcoat and it works awesome! See above posted video. Water falls right off and it shines brighter than any wax i've ever used on it before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Does it prevent water spots? On the black doo those suckers creep up on you if you don't wash after every ride (freshwater).
    Yes! It works great at preventing water spots. No spots on my boat whatsoever since I've applied it. Clean up after using the boat is a breeze. It's usually blown dry clean when towing it home, but if I go offshore in the salt water I simply mist it with this stuff and wipe it with a microfiber towel

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	403940  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information