Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

300RXPX is the most defective machine I have ever owned

I am very fed up with my SeaDoo. I spend more time hauling this ski in and out of the dealer for repairs than actually enjoy it. I can honestly count on one hand how many times I have taken it out trouble free and most of those time were in the 0-10hr breakin period. It only has 20hrs and andis about to go back in the shop for the 6th time. Here are the facts.

Purchased 23 June 2016 $14,150 plus tax and fees $15,200 total

23 Aug (12hrs): IBR FAULT in limp mode. Dealer cleaned sensors returned ski 24 Aug

26 Aug (13hrs): All coolant lost through loose hose. Unit overheated. Dealer tightened clamp refilled coolant changed oil and returned. 30 August.

9 Sept (15hrs): IBR FAULT. In limp mode. Dealer replaced actuator returned 7 Oct.

7 Oct (15hrs): Started in Dealership parking lot with IBR FAULT. Wire harness replaced returned 19 Oct.

9 Nov (19hrs): Losing coolant, overheating, and stalling when jumping a wave. Dealer refilled coolant Returned 9 Dec.

Ran today still losing coolant and stalling out. Plan to haul out ski again and return to dealership next week.

I don't know what to do with this thing. Dealer is offering a huge loss for trade in value. I can't in good faith sell it to someone without disclosing this history which I feel would just about stop anyone from buying it (any takers?). And all BRP offered me is an extension on my warranty.What good is that if it just sits in the shop getting repaired.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ucf_motorcycle View Post
    I am very fed up with my SeaDoo. I spend more time hauling this ski in and out of the dealer for repairs than actually enjoy it. I can honestly count on one hand how many times I have taken it out trouble free and most of those time were in the 0-10hr breakin period. It only has 20hrs and andis about to go back in the shop for the 6th time. Here are the facts.

Purchased 23 June 2016 $14,150 plus tax and fees $15,200 total

23 Aug (12hrs): IBR FAULT in limp mode. Dealer cleaned sensors returned ski 24 Aug

26 Aug (13hrs): All coolant lost through loose hose. Unit overheated. Dealer tightened clamp refilled coolant changed oil and returned. 30 August.

9 Sept (15hrs): IBR FAULT. In limp mode. Dealer replaced actuator returned 7 Oct.

7 Oct (15hrs): Started in Dealership parking lot with IBR FAULT. Wire harness replaced returned 19 Oct.

9 Nov (19hrs): Losing coolant, overheating, and stalling when jumping a wave. Dealer refilled coolant Returned 9 Dec.

Ran today still losing coolant and stalling out. Plan to haul out ski again and return to dealership next week.

I don't know what to do with this thing. Dealer is offering a huge loss for trade in value. I can't in good faith sell it to someone without disclosing this history which I feel would just about stop anyone from buying it (any takers?). And all BRP offered me is an extension on my warranty.What good is that if it just sits in the shop getting repaired.
    Look into the Lemon Law. You will need an attorney.

Pretty lame for Seadoo to not address.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Find another dealer if you can.

As far as the coolant, I assume the original issue was an incorrectly installed clamp. It takes some riding to get it topped off. Bring a few water bottles with you of distilled water and keep filling it till it doesn't want any more. Make sure to use like a towel and open the fill tank slowly to let off any pressure then fill it back up. Ride a bit, check fill...you get the picture.

not sure about the IBR. I've heard of on,y one failing in my circle of friends. Make sure your dealer has flashed your ski and done all the updates, head bolt, clamp check, supercharger wheel replace as needed.

canadian iceman
    +1
    Sorry to hear of your luck....these machines are nearly in destructable as i have owned and beat on many many models...honestly due to their high performance they NEED attention.....oil level, clamps tightening, check check check....that loose clamp may have done more damage to this engine than they are letting on.....demand a compression and leak down test to confirm the health of this engine when you take it back....just my opinion

Btw i have 2 2016 300's and they both rock!!...not 1 problem

+1
    Repeated issues in a short time frame, lemon. Every manufacturer has the occasional unit defy qc and find its way into a garage. They should replace it.

+1
    Find a new dealer. You are allowed to take your seadoo anywhere for warranty service. So find another seadoo dealer.

They won't replace it. I spoke with a few attorneys and there is no lemon law on PWCs. I would have to take the issue to court and be stuck with the ski for the duration of the trial after all is said and done I likely wouldn't have much to show for the effort after paying the attonrney fees.

Next closest dealer is 50mile drive. So I am reluctant to do that drive 4 times for each issue.

+1
    They won't replace it. I spoke with a few attorneys and there is no lemon law on PWCs. I would have to take the issue to court and be stuck with the ski for the duration of the trial after all is said and done I likely wouldn't have much to show for the effort after paying the attonrney fees.

Next closest dealer is 50mile drive. So I am reluctant to do that drive 4 times for each issue.
    Thats likely the case.

Best bet...keep publicizing on the internet. Let everyone see how they are not owning up. But be fair.

+1
    Tell the dealer if he won't go to bat for you with Bombardier, you will park it on the street, in front of the dealership, with a large sign detailing all your issues.

+1
    For the record, I do feel BRP deserves some mud of their face for some flat out dumb assembly/production line mistakes. Own it BRP and to some extent, they have and been relatively quick to catch their issues.

However, you are clearly suffering from PDS (POOR DEALER SYNDROME).

Clean sensor? The entire iBR system is a sealed system. Properly troubleshooting required and not just putting dialectic grease on connectors. Dealer failed.
    This was a known problem. I sent a SMS message to the few that I knew had 300 skis about loose hose clamps back in mid/late december 2015, before BRP officially reported on it mid Jan 2015 or became widespread. The clamp issue should have been taken care at the dealer BEFORE any new owner took delivery. Dealer should have changed or checked critical clamps. The service bulletin was dated late January 2015 (7 months before this problem).

Of course you have iBR fault, they never properly fixed it first time.

More proof of just how incompetent this dealer is.

Engine likely suffered damage from first time it lost ALL coolant. Just took a while for it to surface. Dealer failed. If the only thing the dealer did was top-off the coolant, then I'm blown away of their stupidity. Once all coolant is lost, the ski will go into LIMP mode but still run...even if engine is +255F temp. Continue to ride it like that back to the ramp (or shore) and irreversible damage will occur.

Of course it did. It's not going to go away without proper fixing. You can refill each time you ride and it still doesn't fix problem. Dealer logic makes me want to go...

Unfortunately, finding a great dealer is hard to do. I've lost trust in most dealers in South Florida...so much that my 2013 ski warranty expires in 12/2017 yet I've avoided the dealer for repairs and have paid for failed parts myself (except for a dealer TB swap). I will never let a dealer touch my ski. For those that have a great dealer (warranty repair), you don't know how lucky you are. Buy the mechanic a case of beer.

12. +1 by:

jim

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information