Question Lightening x4 Hull

Hi folks, i race an x4 xp here in Argentina, i have a spare hull at home and i want to make a few modifications to build another race boat. I know some people cut the inner bottom of the hull in some places to remove some weight, do anybody know where y can cut the hull and where is not recommended? someone ever saw a job like this on a x4 hull? i know the risks of removing the foam and the flotation materials of my ski, but since this is not a recreational ski it will be only used for racing its not a real problem, any recomendations to loose extra weight on this hulls?

thanks

Can cut the whole inner liner out just leaving engine mounting spots and fuel tank mounting spots, will have to glass in the areas cut around mounts to seal it back up. It does reduce the weight of the hull by a good amount.

Oh and leave some of the spot for the waterbox to mount. All depends how much you want to itch and how good you are with a grinder and an air saw.

i will try that on this hull and ill see how it goes, now im trying to remove all the old paint, its just a big mess, i will make a post of the project later, thanks

If you end up doing this can you post up some pictures. I would like to see what it looks like done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hishman View Post
    If you end up doing this can you post up some pictures. I would like to see what it looks like done.
    Yeah! sure man! it could be a huge disaster buy i think it worth the try!

+1
    Have you checked your seat foam. I noticed that the Seadoo foam will absorb water. If your seat weighs more than 3-5lb then you could have a soggy seat like I did. When I first got my HX I took the seat off an noticed holy ShiXX. It's pretty damn heavy for a seat. When I re-wrapped it I noticed inside it was full of water. I know this is a stupid idea but a lot of people have this issue and don't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItGoesDeep View Post
    Have you checked your seat foam. I noticed that the Seadoo foam will absorb water. If your seat weighs more than 3-5lb then you could have a soggy seat like I did. When I first got my HX I took the seat off an noticed holy ShiXX. It's pretty damn heavy for a seat. When I re-wrapped it I noticed inside it was full of water. I know this is a stupid idea but a lot of people have this issue and don't even realize it.

i have a high rise race seat, i bought it used and i sent it to jet trim to be restored, so no problema with that, but i think i will make a replica with carbon fiber to remove some weight there and lower the gravity center, today i´ve sent the hull to the sand blaster to remove some old paint and to sand blast the inner part of the top deck and remove some weight from there, i have a few crazy ideas, i will make a post soon

thanks

Thread Information