Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

More hookup and stability needed in rough water RXPX300

Hi

I was out today and I ride in ocean water. Hardly is flat calm. I noticed that when the RXPX300 is unhooked is like its slowing down rapidly. Unlink kawa 310 that keeps going strong in this kind of condition

What mods and suggestion to improve rxpx300 hookup and consistency in speed

Thanks for your input

+1
    I've used the riva grate for years. Great fit and finish and made of stainless. Works grate in the heavy stuff and for increased handling. You'll loose .5-1mph but if your mostly rough water riding you won't miss it.

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=2511

Keep in mind the Kawi is over 200lbs heavier, longer and deeper V...totally different aninimal.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Weight RXPX 850 dry. Kawi is 1047 with 20 gal. fuel and oil. So about 100lbs.
    Main issue is a set-up in the ECU that helps protect clutch recovery from hook/unhook. A tune can take care of that.
    This is one of the features that guys complained about on 2014 Kawi ECU. (No longer done)
    New Sea Doo is a pretty nice ride.
    Let me know Sea Doo folk if I am not correct here. This was discovered by a great Sea Doo offshore rider Jim Walker, or at least first guy I heard it from.

Sea Doo will ever be Kawasaki in the real sea. Sea-Doo is very good in lakes and rivers. Kawasaki for the sea...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Weight RXPX 850 dry. Kawi is 1047 with 20 gal. fuel and oil. So about 100lbs.
    Main issue is a set-up in the ECU that helps protect clutch recovery from hook/unhook. A tune can take care of that.
    This is one of the features that guys complained about on 2014 Kawi ECU. (No longer done)
    New Sea Doo is a pretty nice ride.
    Let me know Sea Doo folk if I am not correct here. This was discovered by a great Sea Doo offshore rider Jim Walker, or at least first guy I heard it from.
    ok got it about the weight....fine print. 100lbs is still a significant amount of weight, regardless it's a totally different ski.

Not sure what your talking about regarding the ECU trying to protect from unhook never heard anything like that for an seadoo.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECK ENGINE View Post
    Sea Doo will ever be Kawasaki in the real sea. Sea-Doo is very good in lakes and rivers. Kawasaki for the sea...
    Based on what experience are you referring to? Are we back to the Aquacross BS?

Real world, the PX with a grate does fantastic in the ocean and is way fun for jumping swells and waves. It might not be as comfy or as easy to go fast as the Kawashocky but it's no slouch.

+1
    Get a Worx grate....

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Based on what experience are you referring to? Are we back to the Aquacross BS?

Real world, the PX with a grate does fantastic in the ocean and is way fun for jumping swells and waves. It might not be as comfy or as easy to go fast as the Kawashocky but it's no slouch.
    After 30 years of experiance and after having 25 jets durring my life i can say that Kawasaki is great for waves and real sea,Yamaha is for everything and Sea Doo is great for flat water and especially for lakes and rivers.The guy asks how he can make the Sea Doo to have stability like Kawasaki this is something that is real for Sea Doo which has a prob on this subject and can not be solved only with a scoop it is a matter of different hull.When the sea has 10 feet waves i use my Kawasaki but when the sea is flat 1-2 feet i play with my Sea Doo!The Sea Doo has top speed and Kawasaki has top stability...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECK ENGINE View Post
    After 30 years of experiance and after having 25 jets durring my life i can say that Kawasaki is great for waves and real sea,Yamaha is for everything and Sea Doo is great for flat water and especially for lakes and rivers.The guy asks how he can make the Sea Doo to have stability like Kawasaki this is something that is real for Sea Doo which has a prob on this subject and can not be solved only with a scoop it is a matter of different hull.When the sea has 10 feet waves i use my Kawasaki but when the sea is flat 1-2 feet i play with my Sea Doo!The Sea Doo has top speed and Kawasaki has top stability...
    How many of your jets where pxs with grates...curious to hear your opinion compared to the kawi.?

He was just looking for an improvement not to turn it into a kawi. The grate will make a big improvement. It doesn't sound like he's doing a cross atlantic crossing or anything. I get having purpose built skis. I have 3 of them. At the end of the day I only spend 30-60 minutes at a time in the ocean and I can ride anything for that long and have fun and go as fast as I am able to hold on. Being ultra comfortable on a big log is really not a requirement.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Get a Worx grate....
    Typical Australian response. Never tried one but probably works fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information