Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    No, not in so many words. They asked when I would be back in town, and I told them, and they said "oh, well that is when you would still be in Ireland." Then they wanted to know about my vacation, and why I couldn't just change it all around.

Then they wanted to know if I could just fly out from there.... I thought about that one for a minute.

+1
    Just got home from Lake Mead. Rode Havasu yesterday and then Mead last night. I was up at Mead the past 7 days.

I'm sorry, but Mead is so much better than Havasu when it comes to riding. Yea, sure the partying and girls are better at Havasu, but the riding at Mead is soooo much better.

Havasu is not what I remember it as a kid. Water is dirty, weeds, boring place to ride. It's a big circle. There was so much debris in the water I was worried I was going to suck something up through the pump.

Mead is just better. Yea, the water is low, but once you launch it's fine. Canyons, coves, open water, no weeds or debris, and nice beaches.

We need to get a GreenHulk.net ride going out at Mead. Everyone will love it if they think Havasu is a fun place to ride.

Four of us are planning a ride on the Colorado river in early Sept. We're going to spend 2 days above Laughlin and 2 days below. We're going to stay at Harrahs in Laughlin.
    3 of have made the trip before. Been to Havasu and we're done with that.
    Got any suggestions or warnings.
    Thanks, Todd

I ride the lower colorado... looking fwd to seeing another ultra on the water.

blythe-yuma

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEALLDAY View Post
    Four of us are planning a ride on the Colorado river in early Sept. We're going to spend 2 days above Laughlin and 2 days below. We're going to stay at Harrahs in Laughlin.
    3 of have made the trip before. Been to Havasu and we're done with that.
    Got any suggestions or warnings.
    Thanks, Todd
    The water on Laughlin is really cold, about 55 degrees coming out of Davis dam. It gets warmer as you head down river towards needles though. Above Laughlin is lake mojave, much cleaner than havasu and a lot more coves, much warmer water than Laugh, just a beautful lake. Mead is even better. But beware: if the wind starts to blow, and it will, you will want to get off the water quickly. I have been caught on both lakes with 2-5 foot wind driven waves and its not fun. I have been to every part of the river from lake Powell to Yuma, and the best part of the river is Yuma, the best lake is Powell. Have fun and be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information