Issues with Riva Flow Through Exhaust?

So I'm looking to put the RIVA flow through exhaust and waterbox on my 2014 VXR. I'm a little concerned though about water getting back into the engine when its shut off. If I flip it is there any sort of flow back protection to prevent it? I was under the impression the baffles were the protection against it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erandleman View Post
    So I'm looking to put the RIVA flow through exhaust and waterbox on my 2014 VXR. I'm a little concerned though about water getting back into the engine when its shut off. If I flip it is there any sort of flow back protection to prevent it? I was under the impression the baffles were the protection against it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    You have no concerns whatsoever. The exhaust pipe comes up higher than the water line, it's impossible for water to back flow.
    I assume "the baffles" you are speaking of are the exhaust resonator. No, the resonator is not there to prevent water from back flowing. It's there to decrease reasonance in the exhaust. The stock exhaust tube is also higher than the water line. This is what prevents back flow of water into the engine.

3. +1 by:

Thanks! I figured as much, but if the VXR was flipped over, wouldn't the straight pipe be inverted, allowing water to move down to the engine? Say if a wave hit the back while it was flipped?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erandleman View Post
    Thanks! I figured as much, but if the VXR was flipped over, wouldn't the straight pipe be inverted, allowing water to move down to the engine? Say if a wave hit the back while it was flipped?

No more than the factory exhaust pipe would be. I've never seen anyone flip over a VXR, but I guess anything is possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No more than the factory exhaust pipe would be. I've never seen anyone flip over a VXR, but I guess anything is possible.
    Give me 5min! :P

Thread Information