Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ocod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    230
    +1
    21

    Calling Out all Stock SHO Dean Tune Stage 1/2 and Owners of R&D R3 for Stock NA 1800

    Thinking of pulling trigger for SHO but there is little input on that platform
    Everything comes out for the "SV"

    What gains are you seeing and what rpm option did you get?
    Like to retain cruise and wake function
    I've done ribbon delete / HKS BOV and keeping stock air box but upgrading to newer filter.
    I ride in the ocean and always have salt spots all over engine by the time I get home.

    On a side note to not start a 2nd thread.

    If you have or had a NA 1800 what success have you heard of with the R&D R3.
    Its for a 2015 VXR with ribbon delete, FF exhaust, stock air box with upgraded filter

    I don't see Dean offer it?
    Is the the R&D R3/Vtech the only way to go for the NA 1800?

    Thanks for the input!

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

    Here's what most of the VXR guys are running.
    R&D R3 VXR reflash (extremely good tune)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2335
    You want to use this impeller with the above reflash
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1830

    Hope that helps!


  2. #2
    Little input on this forum for a SHO? Lol

    Unless the search button is broken, I highly doubt it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    ocod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    230
    +1
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Little input on this forum for a SHO? Lol

    Unless the search button is broken, I highly doubt it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do "title search" to narrow down results with Dean or Dean's tune.
    With and with out the "SHO" and things pop up.
    I try to filter out the SVHO and FZ threads and that doesn't leave many SHO thread that aren't running other SC wheel.
    Would be great if my SHO will get 70+ like it says it will with just a tune

    Not many stock SHO have a stage 1 tune threads or Im missing all of them.
    I'll shift through 8 pages of just "SHO" and see if anything pops up.

    Dont mean to stir pot on another tune thread but everyone here has pretty much surpassed the Stage 1.

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,759
    +1
    2,706
    There's tons of info on the SHO platform. Many guys have been running tunes on SHO's for years.
    The popular choices are the R&D R3 tune and V-Tech MaptunerX tunes. Either choice retains all stock functions including cruise and no wake functions.

    Even if you are keeping the ski stock I would do the R3 tune if you go the R&D route or I would go the stage 2 SHO 8600 tune if you go the MaptunerX route.
    This way if you ever do add a few mods your tune is still adequate.

    Either of those will easily get you 70+ mph

  5. #5
    ocod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    230
    +1
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    There's tons of info on the SHO platform. Many guys have been running tunes on SHO's for years.
    The popular choices are the R&D R3 tune and V-Tech MaptunerX tunes. Either choice retains all stock functions including cruise and no wake functions.

    Even if you are keeping the ski stock I would do the R3 tune if you go the R&D route or I would go the stage 2 SHO 8600 tune if you go the MaptunerX route.
    This way if you ever do add a few mods your tune is still adequate.

    Either of those will easily get you 70+ mph
    Thanks Jerry,

    I thought of the map tuner but that is out of my range and use for rec rider

    The R3 has been around and has been proven but I read there was a problem with fuel pressure being static and may require changes. That sways me away.

    Everyone likes the dean tune and I believe it retains wake and cruise.
    Probably going to just bit bullet and figure it can't be worse than stock.

    Was hoping for someone that has it on a stock SHO
    Would chime in with their opinion.

    Any idea why dean doest have tune for NA like the R&D?
    I read he may of had one one but thread ended there.

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,759
    +1
    2,706
    Dean's Tunes also retain the stock functions. I would go with the Level tune on the SHO
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...Path=16_82_255

    See below for R&D NA tune choices
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...ath=16_168_174

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ocod View Post
    Any idea why dean doesn't have tune for NA like the R&D?
    I read he may of had one one but thread ended there.
    I went to Dean's Team in Orlando today and got to speak to Dean in person. What a great experience. I asked about modding my VXR to improve its speed. He does offer a tune for the NA 1800's from what I gathered (but maybe that was only for ski's without cruise assist). Give them a call and they will let you know.

  8. #8
    ocod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    230
    +1
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaWannabe View Post
    I went to Dean's Team in Orlando today and got to speak to Dean in person. What a great experience. I asked about modding my VXR to improve its speed. He does offer a tune for the NA 1800's from what I gathered (but maybe that was only for ski's without cruise assist). Give them a call and they will let you know.
    Good too know.
    My vxr has no cruise so it works out.

    Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Returning R&D Stage 2 FZR and FX SHO to stock for sale
    By jetpilot785 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-29-2015, 09:27 AM
  2. Calling out all Rxp Turbo owners.
    By DR2006RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  3. Calling out all VA Beach riders!
    By WalshTRX250R in forum Southeast
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
  4. Calling out all true blooded Americans
    By oklagp1200r in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
  5. Polaris Ceo Tom Tiller Calls Out All Other Atv Ceo's
    By 2&4strokepolaristech in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •