Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    169
    +1
    12

    Is this normal ?? Supercharger rebuild...

    Hi Guys...

    I took out the SC on my 2010 260 RXT-X RS... The current friction shims installed has a gold colour and are very smooth, where the new ones in the kit are grey, with a very rough surface...

    Also, the current shaft does not have the spacer tube between the 2 bearings... Is this normal?

    And then, last question... My boost pipes have some oil inside... Not much... But definitely fresh oil... Why would this be ??

    Thanks



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161126_141753.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	402964  


  2. #2
    Gold ones are 100hours , new ones for 200 intervals service ,missing spacer tube is fucking "loco"

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

  3. #3
    Oil can come either oil sc seal or head blow

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,516
    +1
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    Hi Guys...

    I took out the SC on my 2010 260 RXT-X RS... The current friction shims installed has a gold colour and are very smooth, where the new ones in the kit are grey, with a very rough surface...

    Also, the current shaft does not have the spacer tube between the 2 bearings... Is this normal?

    And then, last question... My boost pipes have some oil inside... Not much... But definitely fresh oil... Why would this be ??

    Thanks



    Do you have the stock airbox? If so the crank case vent is connected to the air intake and the crank vapors get recycled back through the intake and the charger. And it can also be from the seal as stated.

    05 rxt 77.7mph

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    169
    +1
    12
    Thanks guys !!

    And yes... standard airbox...

    Did the older SCsaybe not have the spacer between bearings as standard ??

  6. #6
    Yes, have it as standard, did you buy the ski new or second hand ??

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    169
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by martinelli View Post
    Yes, have it as standard, did you buy the ski new or second hand ?? Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app
    Bought it second hand... but with 49 hrs... so shouldn't have had any SC work done

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8
    If that spacer is missing somebody is being playing Lego with that ski

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

  10. +1 by:


  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by martinelli View Post
    If that spacer is missing somebody is being playing Lego with that ski

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app


    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    169
    +1
    12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Missing notch of metal on supercharger intake (is this normal)??
    By tacomaguy00 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:49 AM
  2. is this normal?
    By 07vette in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM
  3. Is this normal?!?!
    By Titanese in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM
  4. Is this normal?
    By WildBill9000 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Is this normal???? Plug not connected....?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •