Thread: Cmd auto tune

+1

Cmd auto tune

I just purchased the cmd fuel controller with auto tune from Jerry. I have not received it yet. my question is what is the best way to get started with this? do I just input desired afr's and have auto tune make the changes or do I need to load a map first? just looking to have some knowledge before I set it up. any one have a suggestion of AFR's through the rpm range? right now WOT I have 12.0 for AFR, but need to clean up the AFR's from idle on up. my idle is in the 12's, so I know I should be leaner. thanks

+1
    You're going to want to set it up as pressure vs rpm map, don't do the throttle position vs rpm. My idle was 13.5 to 13.3 but would change with humidity amd crap, anything leaner than 13.5 ie 13.6 or 13.7 the ski would fall on its face off a launch. And mine would run in the mid to low 13's until about 6k then with the onset of boost from 6k to 8k drop it from 12.9 to about 12.0. then it starts to depend what supercharger you run, rude 2 was good at 11.8 or 11.9 for my ski, rude 3 you might want closer to like 11.7 or 11.6. Did you get the pod 300? It is perfect because you can set it up to show you boost and AFR on the same screen so you can see when the motor stops being in vacuum and starts producing boost. Different superchargers will be different, so you're going to want to know when the boost starts so you can set your afrs to start falling to 12 or 11.7 or whatever.
    Also you don't need to run rising rate on your fpr just static. If your idling too rich say with vt1100's you can trim the whole map in the cmd less fuel at idle. You don't want to tune anything below 2000rpm because it can get goofy. Look around in the help portion of the program on your computer and just read for a bit there's amazing instructions

Sent from my SM-G903W using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

+1
    It s on a 2013 RXP X 260. I have R&D R6 tune with 9000 or so rev limit. I have ET 137 + 4 with R&D injector for the tune,and all the stuff to go along with it. The tune has been real close considering what some people have experienced with the R&D tune. I am at 1600 ft for Elevation and runs great here, but when I took it to Lake Havasu, I had to bump fuel pressure up a bit. I really want to get the pod 300....can I run the pod 300 with the regulat AFR gauge? or is it one or the other?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R X P X View Post
    It s on a 2013 RXP X 260. I have R&D R6 tune with 9000 or so rev limit. I have ET 137 + 4 with R&D injector for the tune,and all the stuff to go along with it. The tune has been real close considering what some people have experienced with the R&D tune. I am at 1600 ft for Elevation and runs great here, but when I took it to Lake Havasu, I had to bump fuel pressure up a bit. I really want to get the pod 300....can I run the pod 300 with the regulat AFR gauge? or is it one or the other?
    You need the wideband 2 afr setup to hook up to the cmd in order to autotune. How are you monitoring afrs now?

+1
    I have that coming from Jerry. I have the MXT-L right now

+1
    The pod 300 will show you everything you need to know with regards to boost and fueling, AFR, injector duty cycle, there's no reason to run an Afr gage too, I'm not sure it would work trying to run another gauge off it too

Sent from my SM-G903W using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

+1
    I have the pod300 and afr guage running at the same time. That won't be an issue. Im not sure you want to keep the pod300 on there after you are dialed in. It is "water resistant" and i have asked the tech guys over at dynojet. Because i ride in salt water, they didn't recommend it. Its pretty easy to setup. Just start with a 0map tbat has prepopulated afr's. Whittlebeast had it posted in the cmd thread a while ago.

Thread Information