Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva stage 3 question RXP-X 300

If I run the stage 3 riva setup LESS the free flow exhaust, what would be the results?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewxp View Post
    If I run the stage 3 riva setup LESS the free flow exhaust, what would be the results?
    It will be quieter, that's about it.

Was hoping that was the case. My RXP-X 255 is kindda loud and in 5 mile / hr zones, kindda obnoxious. If the difference in performance is nominal to none, I'd prefer it quieter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewxp View Post
    Trust me, if I could avoid bypassing the plastic silencer I would have. Thing is, with added boost/rpm/HP, the plastic silencers tend to melt. If someone made an aluminum silencer, I would have it.

In my case, I had no choice as the plastic box was melting at the inlet side.

If you keep the RPM's low and ride in cold water, you may be fine. Just be very careful and constantly inspect after rides. The advantage you have over my 260 is your silencer is above waterline where mine is below and when they fail, ski goes down FAST.

5. +1 by:

I am willing to have the loud exhaust, but dont want it unless needed to get results. + 80 mph is crazy, but so am I. Just also getting old at my age this is all insanity anyway.

+1
    No way on the free flow exhaust, the drone is terrible! The rear exhaust is the way to go.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Question about the thru exhaust install...the one thing I am most unsure about doing, but will, is drilling the 3+ inch hole in the hull. Having said that, does anyone have a great recommendation for the bit and size to drill this to the correct size, or does everyone under drill and then dremel the rest?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Question about the thru exhaust install...the one thing I am most unsure about doing, but will, is drilling the 3+ inch hole in the hull. Having said that, does anyone have a great recommendation for the bit and size to drill this to the correct size, or does everyone under drill and then dremel the rest?

Thanks for the response. I will have to think about the noise issue. Sounds like the rear exhaust is the way to go.

+1
    I'll be trying a stainless automotive canister resonator for next season. Won't be as quiet as that big stock one but if it takes just a bit of the drone away it will be all worth it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post

Go to lowes/Home Depot and buy the correct size hole saw bit. I believe they are like $20. Can't remember the exact size. Wanna say it's 3". Instructions will specify. Then use the template and drill. Fairly easy once you get the courage to do it.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information