Thread: Sticker Shock!

+1

Sticker Shock!

Well, i was considering trimming down my fleet of ski's to just one sitdown and one standup.

I was considering the GP1800, but they are way overpriced in Canada! $17,399!! for a bare bones ski (as it basically a base ski with a big engine!). For that I can get a fully loaded competitors machine!

Now I'm going to have to reconsider, that's just too much for what it is.

The US price of $13,999 in the US is fare as the competitors machine is $15,500

Yamaha Canada is gouging Canadians! I know the exchange rate between US and Canadian Dollars is a lot right now, but the competitor is not stinging Canadians as much. Ouch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Well, i was considering trimming down my fleet of ski's to just one sitdown and one standup.

I was considering the GP1800, but they are way overpriced in Canada! $17,399!! for a bare bones ski (as it basically a base ski with a big engine!). For that I can get a fully loaded competitors machine!

Yamaha Canada is gouging Canadians! I know the exchange rate between US and Canadian Dollars is a lot right now, but the competitor is not stinging Canadians as much. Ouch
    well since BRP is a Canadian company (righ?) I would guess that makes sense.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1

At today's exchange rate ($1.35CAD/USD), $14K US for the GP1800 is about $19K CAD.

So Yamaha GP1800 $17,399 list price in Canada is less than the current exchange rate would suggest.

Product pricing in different currencies is often set long before the products ship, so sometimes one company will forecast (guess) closer to the actual than another company. Looks like Seadoo may have mispriced in either CAD or US$. Then again, production costs vary as the parts and the assembly happen in different countries and currencies.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    well since BRP is a Canadian company (righ?) I would guess that makes sense.
    Not really...With Snowmobiles BRP has been priced higher than Polaris at least in Can $

+1

20590 euro in Italy ....

Thread Information