03 polaris genesis winter storage?

I just did the winterizing on my genesis. I fogged the motor filled the tank with added stabil, removed the battery, Also I ran it and squirted some rv anti freeze inside the hose hook up.

Do i need to open any drains in the ski?

Did i miss anything? Did a search and came up empty.
    Last edited by K447; 11-21-2016 at 11:41 AM.

+1
    They self-drain. Before you prep the engine, you start and rev them up, when on the trailer, to blow out any pooled water left in the exhaust system. Also, store them with the bow up. This prevent any water left in the cooling system from pooling in the stator housing. If it does, many times when it freezes and expands, it will push the housing cover gasket out. When you launch in the spring, the hull floods from the leaking gasket.

You'll also want to lube your cables and steering/reverse linkage, throttle linkage, and some other items. The winterization process is set forth in detail in the owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can still download them from the Polaris web site.

Thanks for the info Martin!!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson750 View Post
    I just did the winterizing on my genesis. I fogged the motor filled the tank with added stabil, removed the battery, Also I ran it and squirted some rv anti freeze inside the hose hook up.

Do i need to open any drains in the ski?

Did i miss anything? Did a search and came up empty.
    What search did you do that did not surface dozens of threads discussing winterization and storage preparation?

The key elements, as noted by martin, are tilting the nose of the hull higher than ten degrees (to allow drainage from the Ficht flywheel/stator cooling jacket) and blip-revving the engine a few times without any garden hose water feed to clear out excess water from the exhaust waterbox. Takes maybe 20 seconds or less of revving to clear the exhaust, then fog the engine via spray down the air intakes and shut it down for the winter. Total run time from cold should be under 40 seconds.

Add some fogging oil through the spark plug holes, put the spark plugs back in.

Grease the through-hull bearing.

Thread Information