Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Anyone ride in Lake St.clair?

Does anyone ride in Lake St.Clair or St.Clair river? Were always out there in the summer. Mostly ride around Mitchells Bay to Seaway and up through the river.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    We have a group gathering each summer on Harsen's Island, MI - maybe 20 watercraft. A few of those people ride St. Clair from the US side regularly, the rest of us travel from distant places for the get together and ride through the weekend.

The river delta's expansive shallows and countless reed lined channels make for an entertaining playground, on both sides of the border.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    We have a group gathering each summer on Harsen's Island, MI - maybe 20 watercraft. A few of those people ride St. Clair from the US side regularly, the rest of us travel from distant places for the get together and ride through the weekend.

The river delta's expansive shallows and countless reed lined channels make for an entertaining playground, on both sides of the border.
    Where about on Harsen's island? I've rode by the island many times but on the Canadian side. I've always been worried about being on the States side and getting caught...

+1

What do you do when your on the usa side? Do you launch on the usa side, nexus card and call in?

+1
    We drive into the US (via ferry, actually, Sombra to Marine City), with passports in hand and watercraft on the trailer, then another ferry to get onto Harsens Island. and then we launch and ride from and around Harsens Island, all on the US side.

One could also launch from Algonac on the US mainland. The island is just a nice place to use as a base, fairly quiet and plenty of water access.

The rules are not set up for easy criss-crossing between the two nations shores so we mostly ride the US waters and stay away from Canada shorelines. After the weekend is done, trailer back into Canada.

The river is completely different landscape from the shallows and reed zones. Let me see if I can find some video clips...

+1
    We drive into the US (via ferry, actually, Sombra to Marine City), with passports in hand and watercraft on the trailer, then another ferry to get onto Harsens Island. and then we launch and ride from and around Harsens Island, all on the US side.

One could also launch from Algonac on the US mainland. The island is just a nice place to use as a base, fairly quiet and plenty of water access.

The rules are not set up for easy criss-crossing between the two nations shores so we mostly ride the US waters and stay away from Canada shorelines. After the weekend is done, trailer back into Canada.

The river is completely different landscape from the shallows and reed zones. Let me see if I can find some video clips...
    I would be up for that!! I live 10 minutes away from Sombra! I've never rode over on the states side. It would be even better if I could meet with you guys for the ride since I don't know the waters. When does this happen?

+1
    Here is an example, unedited (long) video of one of the grassy riding areas in the north west of Harsens Island. Miles of water less than five feet deep, often 3 feet or less.

Another riding area is south of that, on the west side.

As you can see, water depths tend to be shallow.

+1
    Here is an example, unedited (long) video of one of the grassy riding areas in the north west of Harsens Island. Miles of water less than five feet deep, often 3 feet or less.

Another riding area is south of that, on the west side.

As you can see, water depths tend to be shallow.
    Heck yea I'm in to this! When do you guys go? Am I able to jump in when you do this?

+1
    I'm guessing this is around Clay Township(northwest) and the other place to ride is around Little Muscamoot Bay(southwest)? (looking at google maps)

+1
    Is this in the same area?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information