+1

GPR Windshield Restoration

As I was sitting here at my desk this afternoon, I started thinking about what I am going to do to my skis this weekend since the weather will be cold. So I did some searching on here and on google for a way to restore the UV beaten windshields on my 2 GP1200R's. My searches turned up nothing but how to's on painting them. Then it hit me.. Why not use on of the 3M Headlight Restoration kits to sand and polish them? Anyone ever tried this or something similar? I would assume that the tinted plastic is dyed and not painted.

With that being said, I am going to stop by Oreillys and pick up one of the kits and try it out tonight.

Should work fine I would think. Could probably wet sand with some 500-600 grit , then maybe 1000 grit followed by 1500 then 2000 and a compound/polish and achieve similar results. I am going to experiment with mine soon too. Let us know how it comes out and post pics! Can always paint it if results aren't satisfactory.

+1
    I was thinking the same thing. I was going to try it this past weekend but came down with a 24hr stomach bug so I am going to attempt it this evening now that I am no longer sick. I will post pics later tonight of the results.

+1
    Well, It seemed to work great! windshield looks like new now. I got some good pictures of each step in the process but am having difficulty uploading them.. bear with me.

I did this on the pod hoods of our SeaDoo X-20. It worked, but left a residue in spots. So I am curious to see your results. I may need to do mine again.

Thanks for posting, in advance.

Thread Information