Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 rear intake

300 rear intake

Hi guys been looking into intakes recently. I ride a lot of salt and rough conditions is this something that will work well in my application. I've heard the rear intake is the best way to go. Also anyone with a rear setup on a 300 px can you post pics so I can have a look.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    Well it really depends on your ridding style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130524_135003.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	402626  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I ride a lot of salt and rough conditions is this something that will work well in my application. I've heard the rear intake is the best way to go.
    Not in 100 years would I suggest a "rear intake" if riding in rough salt conditions. Not worth it!

4. +1 by:

i had actually been thinking about doing a rear intake between the inner hull and outer deck on my AS to at as a splash guard..

+1
    100% of my riding is in the ocean and no issues with rear pod ..

Yeah it's a touchy subject. I know a place in Aus that offer a splash guard. How low does the Riva front cai sit ie the pod level?

What filter setup do you have water4fire? Is that straight in or hidden pod?

+1
    My thought with rear intake is if you roll machine, due to the runner being so much shorter their is a greater chance of water entering the engine as opposed to being up front. That being said I'm running the 4" Kanaflex up front and element does get wet when nose is submerged.

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    My thought with rear intake is if you roll machine, due to the runner being so much shorter their is a greater chance of water entering the engine as opposed to being up front. That being said I'm running the 4" Kanaflex up front and element does get wet when nose is submerged.
    How high have you mounted your pod? I've heard of people retaining stock air box and just drilling out to suit 4".

I like the kanaflex setup. Just by the time I get it here to Aus I might as well just get a Riva

+1
    I'll share a story. I had a rear air on my 2006, it sounded awesome and in my opinion picked up some throttle response and a few rpm's. I was wave jumping in the Detroit river in between Canada and the united states and it worked many times with no issues at all. But there was this ONE TIME I came down off a wave and somehow another one hit me from the back and that rear intake sucked in that water like a freaking crazy straw. Choked the engine down. It didn't hydrolock but it didn't sound good and it kept spitting and sputtering. Now let me set the scene for you. Imagine getting thumped around in 4-5 ft chop from all directions, boats stoping to ask if you're ok and hitting you with wakes, trying to use that crap spark plug wrench from the BRP kit to get the spark plugs out whilst your seat is quickly floating away with the current towards the bridge. Now imagine the boarder patrol helicopter hovering over you because you're getting pretty close to the US side and you've been there for a while. Then, to add to the situation, you have the Canadian border patrol boat grilling you for 30 minutes about how they will impound your ski and search it for drugs. Remember you still have your plugs, coils, and intake apart and trying not to lose your shit whilst being yelled at by a man with a thick french accent.
    So in conclusion a rear intake could cause an international incident.. i now have a 4" kana flex ran up under my steering column.

Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    I'll share a story. I had a rear air on my 2006, it sounded awesome and in my opinion picked up some throttle response and a few rpm's. I was wave jumping in the Detroit river in between Canada and the united states and it worked many times with no issues at all. But there was this ONE TIME I came down off a wave and somehow another one hit me from the back and that rear intake sucked in that water like a freaking crazy straw. Choked the engine down. It didn't hydrolock but it didn't sound good and it kept spitting and sputtering. Now let me set the scene for you. Imagine getting thumped around in 4-5 ft chop from all directions, boats stoping to ask if you're ok and hitting you with wakes, trying to use that crap spark plug wrench from the BRP kit to get the spark plugs out whilst your seat is quickly floating away with the current towards the bridge. Now imagine the boarder patrol helicopter hovering over you because you're getting pretty close to the US side and you've been there for a while. Then, to add to the situation, you have the Canadian border patrol boat grilling you for 30 minutes about how they will impound your ski and search it for drugs. Remember you still have your plugs, coils, and intake apart and trying not to lose your shit whilst being yelled at by a man with a thick french accent.
    So in conclusion a rear intake could cause an international incident.. i now have a 4" kana flex ran up under my steering column.
    Haha yeah fair point. I think for piece of mind front mount sounds like the way to go. Did you just buy the kit or is it a diy one?

I'm from Australia so I don't face as many problems as you. I could only imagine have border patrol sittibg there watching every movement. Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information