Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Maintenance for 2010 260x with 27hrs?

Bought a 2010 260x with 27hrs. The ski is very clean and runs great but I want to do the preventative maintenance now while I have the time. Making a list of things to do and would like some input.

Planning to:
    • change oil & oil filter
    • install 300x exhaust filter/new gaskets
    • remove & clean intercooler
    • inspect check valve
    • grease cone

Need input on this:
    • Should I just check SC oil level or should I go ahead and remove the SC, drain oil and start fresh? I'm pretty sure the previous owner did not fog the SC
    • SC pulley has some corrosion on it. Not sure how far I should dig into inspecting things because of this? All new bearings? Main pulley new bearing? Main pulley & tensioner?
    • SC belt cover is still on.... I think I saw an old thread where someone recommended the SC belt cover be removed. Yes or no?
    • Should I just inspect the SC belt or go ahead and replace it now even if the belt looks ok?
    • Pump bearings.... Did the 2010 260x have issues with pump bearings?
    Last edited by swlamarshrunner; 11-16-2016 at 11:09 AM.

+1
    Well I guess I answered my own questions. Ordered new main pulley & tensioner bearings, new belt, gonna put fresh oil in the SC, leave the belt cover off and I am rebuilding the pump with new 2011 300x bearings/shaft.

Lol u sure did , this time of year we have a lot less people on the forum since most ski up north are winterized .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. +1 by:

+1
    Wouldnt bother changing the sc oil

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monitor oil level very carefully. Watch for rising level. Clean or replace corroded pulley and monitor belt tension to minimize chewing and snapping sc belts. Use anti seize on spark plug threads every time you remove or replace plugs. Consider removing and discarding plastic sc belt cover so you can better flush and clean area. Keep the intercooler clean. Change oil frequently, i.e. every 10 hrs unless your oil is spotless and level never rises. After you flush motor, turn off water and blip throttle a few times to clear as much water out of exhaust system as possible. Good luck!

In addition to what you have already mentioned, I would drain the tank and put fresh 91 octane in it. If the Ski is going to sit a month or more, I would add some fuel stabilizer as well. JB

+1
    Thanks for the info guys. I did some work to it last week. Replaced SC pulley & tensioner bearings and put on a new belt. Cleaned up the supercharger a little bit and inspected the lobes inside which looked like brand new. I fogged it while it was out too. Planned to clean the intercooler but it was spotless both inlet and outlet side. I did make a blockoff and disconnected the hoses running up to the airbox. Put in new plugs with antiseize on them and put on an exhaust filter too.

I ran 4 gallons through it one afternoon and just cruised between 5500-6500rpm. Blipped the throttle wide open for 1-2 sec a couple times just to see what rpm it would hit which was around 7800. I did not hold it wide open because I did not swap out for the 300x pump bearings yet as they are on the way from riva right now. Also I filled up with 93 since it had less than 1/2 tank of gas in it just to run it that day but will probably drain it and start with fresh gas once I get the new bearings in the pump. Pulled all the graphics off and most of the traction mats (back mats are tough to come off). Putting on some IPD graphics and a Jettrim seat cover. Also cut the tabs off the end of the bars and put on some better ODI grips last night. Here's some pics from last week.

Looks like you got yourself a nice Ski there. The 2010 260X was the best year for the 260. The 2010 260 came with a better / sturdier Cylinder head (earlier model years were prone to cracking). Enjoy! JB

BTW - we have extra parts for the 2010 should anyone need them including a new head with valves

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information