Thread: Imuk xp300

Imuk xp300

I would like any info on how difficult it is (steps) to remove intake manifold. Kit is on backorder, but was curious what I'm in for.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewxp View Post
    I would like any info on how difficult it is (steps) to remove intake manifold. Kit is on backorder, but was curious what I'm in for.

Thanks
    What other mods do you have now or planned? It's not hard but does take some time to get the intake off. You goung to cut a lot of tie wraps.

+1

Thanks

heres the installation instructions for you to look over
    http://rivaracing.com/file/6954-RS12...pgrade+Kit.bin

thanks again for your business! I will let you know the minute this is on the way to you.

Jerry

Stage 2 riva are the planned mods for now. My biggest concern is weather to drain coolant. I have only found two videos and both are rather thin on the actual removal. 80mph is the goal. Ride mostly flat water to mild chop.

Service manual is obviously what I'm missing. Was hoping to do without but feel it may be a must at this point. Thanks

+1
    Stage 2 riva are the planned mods for now. My biggest concern is weather to drain coolant. I have only found two videos and both are rather thin on the actual removal. 80mph is the goal. Ride mostly flat water to mild chop.

buy a service manual! There are torque settings for every bolt and tightening patterns. But it's really easy, just cut all those tie wraps and start unboltong stuff. Take note/pictures of connectors you disconnect.

I can't think of any mod other than open loop cooling you would drain the coolant for...don't do it. It's a pain to get it filled back up.

Great. I didnt want to have to. Saw a you tube where the guy said you had to. Thanks.

+1
    Great. I didnt want to have to. Saw a you tube where the guy said you had to. Thanks.
    you don't have to drain the coolant to remove the intake manifold and install the IMUK

I removed my intake manifold filter without the imuk or drilling any holes in my manifold it took a little bit of time and patience but all came out fairly easy

Thread Information