Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    +1

2016 FX svho hull cracked on keel

I have 2016 fx svho the hull has cracked down the keel below the tow eye letting in water.
    I ride off shore could be looking at a repair and strengthening if possible.
    I would like Yamaha to change the ski, I still would need to strength if possible unless aftermarket hulls are available.
    Does any one know if Teddy Pons or Mike Klippenstein run stock hulls.

Any help feed back would be great.

+1
    My '09 FZS did the same thing and I ride it in the ocean also. The person that repaired mine cut a slit in the keel where the crack was and laid fiberglass strips from behind to reinforce the area. The repair held but the hull just developed cracks everywhere else. I had to sell the ski because the hull was just worn out. If you search this forum you will find many occurences of hull fractures.

+1
    Its a shame that's the only problem all skis have there issues.
    if I could find a solution the ski would be 100%

+1
    How did it crack? Any collisions?

+1
    Sorry to hear about your crack. I have the 2014 FZR, had pretty major crash into a Kawi during a CC race. T-Bone & did no damage to my keel. Not sure how you could got a crack without some sort of contact with something. (dock, rock, beaching) etc. I am pretty sure The Klipper, use same factory hulls on all his race skis. You can send him an e-mail & ask.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    My '09 FZS did the same thing and I ride it in the ocean also.... I had to sell the ski because the hull was just worn out. If you search this forum you will find many occurences of hull fractures.
    Just to add some context:
    you sold the ski because you have a knack for wrecking skis...

I'm looking for input from hard core riders who crave the performance of a boosted PWC and have realized that the current offerings are not reliable enough to depend on. My realization of this fact came to me during my last vacation when my '14 model failed again and prevented me using it to show my guests around. I resolved the issue by purchasing a non supercharged spare PWC and I was able to enjoy my vacation again.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wanted so badly to have a functional boat to ride on vacation that I couldn't stand the mental anguish when it failed. I suddenly realized that my expectations were far too great. The industry doesn't produce reliable enough machines or have the dealer network that can adequately service them.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    "Hard Core riders." LOL, yeah. After watching you piss all over Yamaha for years, and now apparently Sea-Doo, I have come to the conclusion that you probably beat the living crap out of your skis, and when you reap the rewards for doing it, you blame everything but yourself.

Don't get me wrong; not bashing you, and not saying you are the only one who does this. Some people are just beaters of mechanical things; they seem to take pride in abusing machines to the point of no return, then piss and moan about it, while the rest of us sit back and scratch our heads wondering how it can happen to them over, and over, and over....
    I knew you would chime in Yo and you are right that I have a way of wrecking machines. I'm surprised mechanics even want to work on my stuff....

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=244898&page=2

Here's one im repairing right now, with the owners permission ill post progress shots. It also has cracks in front of the strakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-05 15.38.55.jpg 
Views:	2498 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	402038  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev273 View Post
    I have 2016 fx svho the hull has cracked down the keel below the tow eye letting in water.
    I ride off shore could be looking at a repair and strengthening if possible.
    I would like Yamaha to change the ski, I still would need to strength if possible unless aftermarket hulls are available.
    Does any one know if Teddy Pons or Mike Klippenstein run stock hulls.

Any help feed back would be great.
    How did it crack? Did you hit something? You're saying it cracked right below the tow eye which seems like a very strong part of the hull, however it would also be the first part of the hull to come into contact if you hit something. Can you post more details ?

+1
    No collision damage just been riding in the sea here in the UK.
    I thought the same really strong section of the hull.
    We only notice once we load our machines back on the trailers water was dripping out.
    Crack is about 18" long the top coating has chip along the 2 edges due the movement.
    The fz has a different shape hull so should spread the load better.

+1
    2 of my good friends on this forum have had hull failures on the nano hulls. I also have have a kawi buddy whose hull delaminated from hard ocean riding. Offshore is tough on any ski, but some definitely fail prematurely.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information