2016 VXR seat "impossible" to latch

The front seat on my 2016 VXR is impossible to lock into it's secure position after removing it, it simply won't lock. There is nothing wrong with the mechanism/latch it seems more like I cant push the seat enough downwards to get it to lock, it always springs back up. I have tried to push hard, put my body weight on it etc.

Anyone else had this problem. It's my first ski so I am new to this. Do I have to adjust the pin? The rear snaps right back in with ease.

Thanks!

+1
    I had the same issue. Takes a while to get use to but after that I completely forgot because you get use to it and/or it seems to fit better over time . Make sure the front seat is all the way forward and the pin is in line with the female snap. I stand on the trailer and push very hard (in a quick motion) directly above the pin with what seems like excessive force. You just need trial and error a few times to get it right.

This is the Yama lock system not the seadoo Ergolock system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence (RI) View Post
    I had the same issue. Takes a while to get use to but after that I completely forgot because you get use to it and/or it seems to fit better over time . Make sure the front seat is all the way forward and the pin is in line with the female snap. I stand on the trailer and push very hard (in a quick motion) directly above the pin with what seems like excessive force. You just need trial and error a few times to get it right.

This is the Yama lock system not the seadoo Ergolock system.
    Took the ski out of hibernation this WE and that seat just won't snap in place, I push it forward, line up the female part and put my whole body weight on it, it just won't latch. Extremely annoying and I will hesitate to take the seat off once in place.

It goes to the dealer soon and they will have to have a look and/or teach me how to do it. ��

+1
    My 2017 VXR both seats lock in place fine without much effort, i only take them off to check for water after riding , my flush out is mounted on outside under rear handles.

My dealer had to adjust the male part of the seat locking, I just couldn't get the thing to lock however I tried and apparently they couldn't either.

+1
    Glad they were able to fix it , that would be a pain in the ass.

Thread Information