Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Question GTX 300 Limited, Is this normal?

Hello All,
    While performing the winterizing procedure in the manual, it calls for checking for water in the intercooler by removing the hose. When I removed my hose I found this.

Oil, but no water at 43 hours. Do I need to get this oil out of there? Or is it ok to leave it in there. I could not see the inside of the intercooler, but snapped the photo. Did not realize the oil was in there until after that easy to remove hose was back on .
    Thanks,
    Louie

+1
    I'd take the cooler out and clean it so you won't lose cooling efficacy.

You must have had too much oil in the engine and it got blown out.

3. +1 by:

+1
    yah mine was like that on my px300, oil was overfilled from the factory. Easiest thing is to take an oil pump and line it up with the stick so that you can insert the oil pump tube into the dipstick tube to the point between the dipbstick marks and suck out the oil. I picked up 200rpm once my cooler was clean again.

+1
    What is the best way to clean the ic from oil?

+1
    i used 88 degreaser

7. +1 by:

+1
    Get AC coil cleaner , it cleans great and won't hurt the aluminum

+1
    Guys, it's very important to run a catch can on these skis. The 300's are very prone to getting oil in the intercooler, overfilled oil or not.
    Here is a good thread on the subject http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ercharged+skis

When oil is coating your intercooler it's less efficient and you will lose performance. Just like DinoMite stated, he gained 200 RPM after cleaning the oil from his intercooler.

Here's two very good options for catch cans

GRF Racing Sea Doo Stainless Steel Catch Can

GRF Racing stainless steel catch can. Constructed of 316 stainless steel. It mounts using your front engine hook bolts. Accepts 3/4" line from your...
    GRF Catch Can $114.95

RIVA Sea-Doo 4-TEC Catch Can/Engine Breather Kit

Easy to install catch can/oil breather eliminates power-robbing crankcase fumes and oil vapor from your engine's air intake. Increases horsepower by...
    RS19050-BCC-1 $139.95

+1
    Got my Riva very quickly x 2 before even riding mine to prevent this from the GreenHulk store ! Fast shipping , great pricing !!

11. +1 by:

+1

Thumbs up Thanks

Guy's,
    Thanks for the information. You are correct the oil level is 1/4 inch above the top knee on the dipstick. Has been this way since I picked it up from the dealer. It never bothered my 2002 4-tec, but that ski did not have a supercharger.

I believe you all just helped me solve another problem. My plugs look like this.

I honestly do not pin the throttle much, but when I do it hesitates for a few seconds like it is missing. Once it is held wide open for a short while, it clears up and runs fine on the next WOT.

My plugs look like they have some oil on them, but only on one side. I am willing to bet that oil that collects in the intercooler, gets sucked (or blown) into the motor and fowls the plugs for a few seconds.

Jerry,
    Thanks for the idea, I ordered the Riva catch can from you today. Also, thanks for the GreenHulk discount!

13. +1 by:

+1
    Update

Removed the intercooler yesterday and flushed out with solvent. Sucked out about 1/2 quart of extra oil from the motor. Installed the Riva catch can purchased from the Greenhulk store. The supplied block off cap is way too large to fit the breather hose fitting on the GTX 300. Emailed Riva support and hope they will send me the proper size cap.

I noticed some have complained of oil spewing out of the catch can filter. Ran my motor at idle and have no blow by or air coming from the filter at all. Does this only happen on ski's with worn rings? I have rebuilt car motors with blow by and worn rings, but usually by that time the motor is burning oil as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information