Thread: Flushing tips ?

Exclamation Flushing tips ?

I ride in salt water 100% of the time !

I heard some guys putting dawn soap down the flush hose is that a good idea ? What about if your running dedicated line to intercooler ?
    All opinions appreciated ! Also how long do you flush for ?

Any specific dawn soap ?

Pros and cons versus just flushing with plain water ?

more than 10 years in salt water with plain water flush. 5 mins motor and 5 mins intercooler. Never had a problem. I think some people run salt away. IMO just try to flush as soon as you can. Never flush the next day or later than that.

+1
    Salt water 95% of the time. I flush only for about a minute or so ASAP after riding with just water. I heard prolonged (over a minute) flushing is not necessary nor good for the engine or components. I've never used Dawn or Salt Away but seems like a great idea prior to winterizing or storing for a long period of time.

+1
    I ride about 90% in saltwater now with my FZR and FX HO. I run them on the hose for a couple minutes with fresh water and then finish them both off with Salt-Away for 30 seconds each. I also spray down the engine compartment and use a shopvac to get extra water out. Next, I use Fluid Film and let it air dry for a few hours with the seats off. Maybe overkill, but hey my skis look brand new.

Dont run your engine for more then 1 minuet and some change, its not necessary. I will squirt dawn soap in the flush line ever 6 months or so and everything come out spotless when it comes time to tear the engine apart. If you are wondering what it (or salt away) does and how much crud just might be in your engine, get two white 5 gallon buckets and place one under your jet pump and one under the pisser when flushing and you'll be able to capture all the expelled water and see just what came out. A couple (very) small blips of your throttle to like 3k and you're done.

Thread Information