Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just bought a used 2013 RXP-X and its only doing 62-63 mph (101 kmph) - HELP PLEASE

Just picked up a used 2013 RXP-X with 26 hours and tested it at the lake on 2 different days and it was only going 101 km (62.7 mph). I played with the VTS and tried a bunch of different configurations to see if I could get the 67 mph that everyone else seems to get on one of these. Here is the data I gathered.

- 26 hours (supercharger should be good I would think)
    - Max RPM 8040-8100
    - Temp was reading like 90 celsius on display
    - 1/2 tank gas
    - Rider weight = 230
    - Lake was calm and ~ 4 celsius (39 F)
    - Canadian model so I assume it is all North American models that are GPS governed at 67 mph?

I had planned on doing a few mods like impeller, VTECH etc but I need to figure what is wrong first. I bought it from a dealer where the guy had traded in his 2013 RXT-X and 2013 RXP-X for some new 300's and assured me that nothing was wrong. I drove 500+ miles to pick it up so hard to ask the dealership to evaluate the problem. Any advice you folks have would be awesome. I work a few hundred miles away from my seadoo's during the week so I am trying to compile a list of things to check/try when I take it out on the lake this weekend. Any help would be much appreciated! I was hoping to break 75 mph with modding but I am not off to a great start when this thing seems barely faster than the old GTI 155 I used to have.

J

+1
    Check your intake under the ski to see if any blockage. I bet you have some slight damage to prop.

3. +1 by:

Could be wear ring

+1
    - Temp was reading like 90 celsius on display Thought that was air temp? Engine temp ok!

You sure on that? That's just 10 shy of boiling water!

Ya engine temp sorry!

What rpms? If 8kish, impeller, if 72, possible intercooler

It went up to like 8100 RPMs and held around 8040 at max speed. So likely impeller/wear ring stuff? I was planning on upgrading impeller at the same time so any suggestions of which pitch and where to buy one online?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    - Temp was reading like 90 celsius on display Thought that was air temp? Engine temp ok!

You sure on that? That's just 10 shy of boiling water!
    My old RXP would run between 180F - 190F depending on conditions with an increase I believe when slowing after a run. So 90C (194F) doesn't seem unreasonable.

That isn't 10C shy of boiling in a pressurized system.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by james02222 View Post
    It went up to like 8100 RPMs and held around 8040 at max speed. So likely impeller/wear ring stuff? I was planning on upgrading impeller at the same time so any suggestions of which pitch and where to buy one online?
    Considering you hit target rpm I'd venture that the first item to check related to lost speed would be your impellor and wear ring. Prior to purchasing anything simply crawl under the PWC and look through the grate to gauge the condition. You can do the same from the back by looking into the jet nozzle (raise ibr using IBR override). Take a look in there to determine if there is anything obvious. Post pictures if you can.

Also confirm that there is no growth or pitting on the hull or rideplate.

Awesome thanks for the info. I will take some pictures this weekend and see what you guys think.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information