Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

triple pipes for ultra 150

So a friend of mine has offered to sell me a unused set of speed werx triple pipes for a good price so I am definitely going to buy them. I don't have any experience with triple pipes so I'm hoping for some helpful info from anyone who can help. I know to get the most out of the triples you should use performance carbs, and from what I've read NO aftermarket heads ( due to too much compression) I have both stock and skiworxs level one modded carbs and I wondered if I could use either of these with the triples. I talked to the guys over at skiworxs to see if his modded carbs would work with them and he just said the triples were too much of a pain to deal with, and not to bother with them so I'm still not sure if they would work (maybe with some different jets) or not. I don't need the ski to be completely maxed out on power so if I could safely get decent performance gain with the stock carbs and triples I would be happy. I don't plan on putting them on anytime soon so I have time to figure out what will work. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks
    Last edited by Bombarusa; 10-20-2016 at 09:36 PM.

+1
    To sum up what i was asking: can i use stock carbs with stock heads and triple pipes? If not, can I use modded carbs with stock heads or do I absolutely HAVE to use performance carbs like Novi 48's or buckshot 50's? I am not a pro racer or anything but i do love to go fast, and i also would really like to stick to pump gas.If i can use stock carbs /heads, any idea what speed gains i would get? Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing....hope people with experience chime in

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    You will want an aftermarket ignition to go with the pipes. It will run with stock carbs only headache will be tuning them. Factory Pipe has specs for stock carbs in their triple pipe installation instructions not sure if that will be exactly the same for the speedwerx. Larger aftermarket carbs will be easier to tune. Post some pics of the installation if you get them in there interested to see how the speedwerx are mounted.

+1
    Thanks for the info TMiller. I knew I had read somewhere that the stock carbs would work. Do you know if I'll have to change the jets or just tune the existing setup? I'm sure at some point I will want to upgrade to an aftermarket carb setup once my bank account starts catching back up from the last set of upgrades.

+1
    Hey TMiller thanks for the info. I see you were selling a bunch of ultra parts and was wondering if you have an aftermarket ignition you would be willing to sell?

If you don't want those triple pipes, I'll gladly purchase those from you. I have everything done to my ultra except triple pipes... been looking forever. Call advent he can make you an ignition.

+1
    That's cool man. I will definitely keep you in mind if I decide not to put them on.

+1
    Hey DCL84, what exhaust set up do you have on your ultra now? What's your top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombarusa View Post
    Hey DCL84, what exhaust set up do you have on your ultra now? What's your top speed?
    I run just the stock single pipe, I have aftermarket blackjack 48 carbs, ported, Ada heads, advent ignition, jet works reeds, flat top pistons, TDR waterbox, stinger mod. Fastest I run is 72mph, really good for a single pipe.... art gomez from jet works helped me a ton. I just need your triple pipes to finish!! Lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information