Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Port Richey, Florida
    Posts
    26
    +1
    1

    08 sho error code 23

    After reading through the forum it indicated it was a air intake sensor. I found a broken wire on the sensor, I purshased the new sensor.
    i installed the sensor and the issue still countinues, but it is not throwing the error code.
    I had purchased a Yamaha diagnostic reader and it showed the code 23& 29, after clearing the code and running the ski it indicated that the air intake sensor was irregular.

    i removed the sparks plugs and as you can see by the picture posted they are running rich.
    i went out and purchased a new set of plug but the same issue continues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0178.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	401090  


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Port Richey, Florida
    Posts
    26
    +1
    1
    I am ready to take the ski out but have not solved the issue
    08 sho error code 23

    I replaced both sensors air pressure and air intake and it still continues to give me the same issue with out the error codes.

    I replaced new plugs
    started the ski, it turns on but will not rev past 1200rpm when revving the engine, but as soon as I hit the shut off button the engine revs up.
    I turned it back on and discounted one of the spark plug connection and it revs up for a few and back down
    it does not matter which spark plug i disconnect.

    If anyone lives in Florida Pasco country area, that can assist me please contact me thanks.

  3. #3
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    +1
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecspc View Post
    I am ready to take the ski out but have not solved the issue
    08 sho error code 23

    I replaced both sensors air pressure and air intake and it still continues to give me the same issue with out the error codes.

    I replaced new plugs
    started the ski, it turns on but will not rev past 1200rpm when revving the engine, but as soon as I hit the shut off button the engine revs up.
    I turned it back on and discounted one of the spark plug connection and it revs up for a few and back down
    it does not matter which spark plug i disconnect.

    If anyone lives in Florida Pasco country area, that can assist me please contact me thanks.
    Plugs that bad you might have a bad vacuum line going to map, or wiring. If you can not figure it out i have a shop in Palm harbor i will figure it out.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Port Richey, Florida
    Posts
    26
    +1
    1
    Thanks for your response Jim
    I will check out if I have any leaks.
    either way I will stop by because I wanted to get my ride plate done with in the next month or two.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    868
    +1
    58

    Did you solve this my 08 threw me a bunch of temp warnings and code 15, now is throwing code 23 on dash waiting for software to arrive about to check plugs (30 hours on them ish)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3920.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	410329  
    Last edited by HDAV; 04-08-2017 at 05:08 PM.

  6. #6
    TreyE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    95
    +1
    10
    Did you check the solutions in this thread?

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214313

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    868
    +1
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyE View Post
    Did you check the solutions in this thread?

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214313
    thanks I think (hope) I had a faulty engine temp sensor, may have a faulty intake sensor too but going to water test and hope the limp mode doesn't come back.

  8. #8
    TreyE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    95
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    thanks I think (hope) I had a faulty engine temp sensor, may have a faulty intake sensor too but going to water test and hope the limp mode doesn't come back.
    Did you change or replace anything like intake sensor? There has to be something in the service manual to test its ohm load or something to check if it's working, no?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    868
    +1
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyE View Post
    Did you change or replace anything like intake sensor? There has to be something in the service manual to test its ohm load or something to check if it's working, no?
    I tested the engine temp sensor and it was within spec (both cool and hot) so put it back in and got the same issues again.... replaced sensor and ran fine on the weekend even did long cruise only difference was i never shut the motor down until i was back on trailer as i didn't want to risk it....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fx sho error code 23
    By dixon0001 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 02:53 AM
  2. Who has gotten a P-0500 error code?
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  3. Help - Error code F1 Pree on a 08 Ultra LX
    By cgustafs in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 05:52 AM
  4. P-0500 error code??
    By BOOSTED in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
  5. Error code 1517 ????
    By ralphmalph3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •